Goods for money

6 Comments·Started 24 April 2014 08:51 AM
Artom RybakovArtom Rybakov Forum DwellerArtom RybakovComments: 4 ✭✭
OK we, players, can sell some (if not all) goods at the Market, but why we are not able to buy anything there? I for example don't know where to spend my money. I'd like if I'll be able to buy Steel or some Weapons there.

Comments

• Adam S. WileAdam S. Wile Forum Dweller Adam S. WileComments: 3 ✭✭
    I would like to be able to buy resources like wood and iron and such with coins. Like the player above, I agree, if we can sell for coin we should be able to buy with coin.
  • Adam S. WileAdam S. Wile Forum Dweller Adam S. WileComments: 3 ✭✭
    Just thinking about this...I would also like to see special characters being able to heal like other units with using coin instead of diamonds. I think it fair if coin was used, make it quite expensive. I would like to have that option though.
  • TooPensiveTooPensive Forum Speaker TooPensiveComments: 30 ✭✭✭
    special units can only get revided with qrystals and it should stay this way. he who spends money on arsenal and other stuff, he also can spend some small amount on shrine
  • Jeff SchengenJeff Schengen Forum Dweller Jeff SchengenComments: 3 ✭✭
    TooPensive wrote: »
    special units can only get revided with qrystals and it should stay this way. he who spends money on arsenal and other stuff, he also can spend some small amount on shrine

Not everyone spends qrystals on arsenal, which is in fact a punishment for those players, who get those special units on the regular way.
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hi there, game devs & co :)

Yap, it would really be nice if we could buy some basic stuff at the market (with coins)... Ok, the price could be twice as big (or even three, four times bigger) compared to that which we would have to pay if we produced that stuff the normal way... But, on the other hand, that would avoid the really big waiting time (nice :) as Borat would say!!!)... And that would help to get rid of coins because these just keep piling up with no use... Just a bait for other players to come and attack... I cannot do much about it :D Unless I stop playing, so that my funds decrease over time...

You could also make other ways for investing spare money... One option would be making orders a lot more interesting, create additional competition! Please, let me elaborate. Maybe develop new order possibilities, by implementing order buildings (different ones), which can be, first, built, and, then, leveled up by collective investment (resources and gold!) from guild members (possibility to make donations to the guild budget) and which could give bonuses for its members (permanent bonuses as well as just temporary ones, which could be activated. Note: building, leveling up and activation could only be done by the guild master himself and by trusted officers (not regular members to avoid easy intrusion! But that would not limit treason, it would still be possible to commit treason by infiltrated players who manage to earn enough trust to become officers)...

As to the number of order members, you should make a central order building, which could be leveled up (again by the funds that come from collective investment, where all order members can participate according to their will or to specific order internal regulation). Each level would allow additional order members. The basic order could be for 10 members. Each new level of the central order building would cost more (maybe this leveling up of the central order building could be linked directly to the regular game and could only be done with bronze/silver/golden dragons to motivate individual players to get to the gold league and earn those (nice added value to the general competition within the game)!), but would also give those additional places for new members, i.e. each level would give the possibility to add ~3-5 additional members...

To make it more challenging, guild budget (i.e. donated resources and gold!) could be subject to guild wars, other order attacks (to add more challenge and make orders afraid of loosing their hard earned resources and gold piling up, waiting for yet another order upgrade...) :) There would be so many interesting game development options if you were to introduce guild wars, which would be really challenging for players (joining up forces to defend against others, fighting for order's fame and additional bonuses) :) You could also give some small weakly rewards for the best orders... Maybe... To motivate others to fight for those top places!

Later some order missions could be introduced (building up collective defenses against evil creatures). Lol, that's just utopic... One would need so much time to develop something that complex (so that it still stays simple and comprehensible for new players).

Well, these are just some of the many thoughts running around in my head, not finding peace...

Other players, what do you think of these ideas? Would you love to see the game develop a bit that way?
    I have seen such approaches in other games and could elaborate them in a structured way...

Cheers,
    Saip0
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hey guys,

anyone interested in this discussion? :)