New bot: The Swarm!

6 Comments·Started 20 January 2016 06:37 PM
Walter RobertoWalter Roberto Forum SpeakerWalter RobertoComments: 21 ✭✭✭
Imagine this: 1 big bot made out of 3 or 4 small ones, they could be equiped with 2 MGs and drop 1 bomb.

Comments

• Nathaniel BoltNathaniel Bolt Forum Expert Nathaniel BoltComments: 37 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean exactly? it it one unit that splits into smaller units when it is destroyed, or one "unit" actually represented by several miniature units in the same space?

Either way that seems questionable as you could just shoot them to death unless they have some specialty. There are Firepower units with lots of weapons and a range boost, Brawler units with high armor, Marksmen units with terrible stats aside from maximum range, and Speed units with...well speed.
  • Walter RobertoWalter Roberto Forum Speaker Walter RobertoComments: 21 ✭✭✭
    ok Nathaniel, you raised some valid points there.
    So, how about this: one big bot that moves around like any other, until given a target, at wich point it brakes apart into 50 tiny flying bots that carry a bomb which detonates on impact with the target (would be fun to see their formation resemble an actual swarm of insects, but not too tight). The novelty is they an only be hit by machine guns.
    Please share your thoughts ;)
  • Nathaniel BoltNathaniel Bolt Forum Expert Nathaniel BoltComments: 37 ✭✭✭✭
    the word "Overpowered" comes to mind.

I can see the appeal of units that require a certain weapon type to even possibly hit. That would change the meta-game so people dont rely on the Bastion Rocket so much on defense.

50 small units would be too complicated to make and if possible would probably lag the game or outright crash it.

So maybe this would be possible with tweaks. How about the Swarm instead be a flying unit that cant be targeted by rockets?

Personally I would rather alter the current game system before coming out with new units.
    yeah, maybe 50 was a bit ambitious ^_^
    but say 5 or 15 or 20, so they don't get all destroyed by the first burst of an Arrow mg.
    we're seeing sooo many bases with rockets only defence, or rockets and some cannons, these tiny bots that fly through the rocket clouds could be fun.
  • Joel PhillipsJoel Phillips Forum Dweller Joel PhillipsComments: 6 ✭✭
    LOL that is just soo farfetched when did you dream this up bro ?
    :rolleyes: actually, someone said "flying bots" in the titans home page, and I took it from there. Still think it would be cool, and more useful than the flame-thrower bot: flying over teslas and buildings to drop bombs on the HQ, vulnerable only to MGs, I love it :D