Gold League is Hell on Wheels

10 Comments·Started 19 April 2016 01:27 PM
Petr JedlinskýPetr Jedlinský Forum DwellerPetr JedlinskýComments: 12 ✭✭
Hello Mighty Lords,
You must do something with Golden League line. It quickly goes higher and higher as strongest Covenants attacks each other - but on the GoldenLeague depends the incoming of golden coins and on golden coins depends the upgrade of the special units...
And special units was calculate to be a litle stronger as "normal" units and for that need upgrades... its a miracle circle. Not a year ago was GL border under 9000 RP, now is more than 2000 higher, but gaining RPs is harder due to RealWars - balance of battles goes another way. In PvP battles is less and less opponents, only few players attack me back and as You know, if I do always only win, my RP growth goes down. Now it looks like I can reach GL on 53-55 lvl (only if I will be lucky and someone will attack me once per week...), and after that I must wait 6 weeks yet to can make first upgrade with 30 goldens. Today I am on49 lvl and my Barbarians, Mathyldegaard and GhostMino begin to be week against opponents "normal" soldiers; and I have minimal 6 lvls yet to go!
I need no "honor" to be in Golden Leak, I need just the goldens. I suppose special units was calculate to next upgrade about 55 lvl or so, but it is not possible even for so activ player I am. It supposes 6 (or 12...) weeks of saving goldens, it is 5 lvls for sure; and as I see around, on 50 lvl it is ussual to have 9000 RPs; bur GL was yesterday on 11104 points, today is on 1196 and is growing. The best player was on 20000 RPs last week, today is over 21000... maybe comes day the GL border will go high quicker as my RP growth? Maybe correct GL border calculation, or fix it on some level?
Playkot, make something with this golden coin necessity and difficulty to get them, please; it is just not fair. Thank You.

Comments

• Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hello, Petr,

well, as a player I have to say that so many players (including me) have been through what you're feeling right now.
    But keep researching and you'll get there eventually (it is supposed to be an elite league after all). You have to do research in your castle, arsenal(s), rune tower and altar of heroes: this will increase your rank limit and you'll be able to earn more and more rank over time (I knew quite a few bronze league players a year ago, now many of them are among top100 players without paying a single penny!).

However, you have to know that all players contribute to the golden league rankings (the more battles there is, the higher it can go; and vice versa, i.e. it is closely related to player overall activity). Moreover, sometimes Playkot intentionally lowers the league barrier, so it won't be too high. There is a very complex formula behind.

BR
    Indriķis
  • Petr JedlinskýPetr Jedlinský Forum Dweller Petr JedlinskýComments: 12 ✭✭
    Hmm... well, its common answer. But look: my high point was this: GoldenLeak prodices goldens, goldens are for special units, special units was calculated for first "golden" upgrade on 55 lvl, GoldenLeak with RealmWar battles goes VERY QUICKLY high and high, so its impossible have goldens on 55 lvl, so special units are weakened, and ITS NOT FAIR.

Mistake is in necessity of goldens to upgrade special units on apropriate moment.
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hi,

well, I can not agree with the fact that this is a common answer, because I have been through the same and I share personal feelings with you (a common one would not include that). But that's not the subject-matter, of course.

Alright, let's look at your current issue from a different angle. How many successful fights do you do daily? There are so many addicted (lets be honest) players who spend 2+ hrs daily, just fighting... These are the ones who contribute the most to the increase of league thresholds. By playing that much they do deserve the golden league more than someone who does 2 or 3 quick fights daily... So, which one are you?
    Sorry, Indrikis, but You are once more out of range...

"Common" was that answer because everytime I asked, I got that one... develop. But MY CASTLE is developed very well! And RP growth depend on level of castle (and another in it) only a little. The most is in battles.
    Yap - in this way - can You seriously tell me, on which level You did come to Golden League?

For Your question and which player am I - not, I dont fight 2 or 3 quick fight daily. For months ago I minimally do all 6 attacks in PvP, some in RealmWar - for grass, You know - and sometimes tournament, too. And I am headmaster of my own Covenant, am doing some work for it, I have FB site for my COV with helpfull things... look, I am thinking about mechanisms in play.
    Every attack I do lower my RP growth for 1 or 2 RPs per attack. How can You suggest me I am not playing well for RPs, if playing so hard goes only to RP growth minimalization? This Friday I have RP growth only 7RP per attack. This weekend I was away and today I can see 4 attacks goes on me, one cannot through my defence (+50 for me), one was for one star (82RP lost) and 2 goes fully (200 and 180 RP loss). And now I have 47 RP per attack... RP growt DEPEND on wins - the longer row You have, the less RP You get (and RW, PvP and Tournaments counts together :( ) and growth come in time You are attacked...
    I NEED TO BE ATTACKED!!! :) But this is thing absolutely out of my control. Only very strong Covenants in RealmWar can "make war" and continuously be attacked and wins and keep RP growth on fine level... but the more attacks in RW, the less attacks in PvP :( Covenant on 100.000 points cannot in RealmWar go to that "neverending war", it can completelly destroy them - cannot stay agains strong COV. But, simultaneously, this neverending war between strong covenants make this quickly growing GoldenLeak limit, because of very much new RP in play (if they are attacked, their RP growth stays somewhere abour 50RPs per attacks)... and, as You know, strong player need not RPs so much :(

I am on 50th level, and on 9000 RP. ITS MORE THAN OTHER PLAYERS HAVE! But only six months ago was limit fot GoldenLeak 8200RP...

Ones again: I dont need GoldenLeak - I need fair opportunity to upgrade my special units, same, as "old" players did have. And same, as was (I think) calculated for special units on start.

PS: sooorrryyyy for my terrible English :(

PPS: I am talking about Mathyldegaard, Barbarians, GhostMino, Grukker, FrostGolem. This are my soldiers. Math, barbs and mino in attack squad.
    From first post, 04-19-16, another 100 points more to go... every week it is so.
    Six attacks today and my growth lowers to 30 RPs per attack.
    Your English is decent and very well comprehensible, no worries about that! :)

Well, it was a while ago but, if my memory serves me well, I got to gold league at around lvl 55-57, not sooner (and after at least 1 year of battling daily). It was really not easy and took a lot of effort with the gold league threshold constantly going up due to increased overall activity of players (and, of course, after that came the waiting part to earn my gold dragons for first gold upgrades).

Judging from what you wrote previously, I am not sure you're fully aware of how the rank works (and that the most important is your rank limit and not the fact that you do 10, 20 or more battles daily). I will try to explain it shortly.

First, the rank limit depends on the level of your research (incl. castle, arsenal, altar of heroes and rune tower research, i.e. any research completed within those buildings will contribute to the increase of you rank limit). So, the more you research, the higher your rank limit (this is why people keep saying: develop, research and you'll get where you want to get).

Keeping that in mind, you have to know that the closer you get to this rank limit (and if you're not getting attacked and/or not researching anything), the less rank you'll earn. Until you'll get only 1 rank point for your victories or even none (I have heard this has happened to some players). And, vice versa. If you're far away from that limit, you will lose less when defeated and earn lots of rank points when successful (this is also why you get more rank when you attack after being defeated).

Example: 2 players of level 40 have done the same amount research (this means their rank limits are the same, at this stage). The amount of research they've done allows for a rank limit of, let's assume, 6000. But one of them has already earned 5000 rank from battling while the other only 2000. Now, they are both matched against the same enemy and they both get a 3 star victory: the 5000 rank player would get only ~50 rank points while the 2000 rank player would get 100+ rank points. And, vice versa. If, at this stage, they were both defeated by the same enemy (3 star defeat), the higher rank player would lose much more rank points (this is what happens to the very active like me: I lose ~1000 rank points daily!!!).

Does this make things a bit clearer or confuses you even more? In other words, this explains your concerns (you said: "Every attack I do lowers my RP growth by 1 or 2 RPs per attack": yes, obviously, if you're very active and battle a lot, this is bound to happen because, without crystals and/or huge friend support, you just can't research everything quickly enough to keep your rank limit growing and thus ensuring a steady or even progressive RP growth, while doing 10+ battles daily). Also, as irritating as this may sound, this is a long-term game and is made to be that way: patience is a virtue :) (of course, those who invest a lot can skyrocket but that is not of our concern here as we're talking about regular players).

Therefore, I hope that you can now see that your statement "RP growth DEPENDS on wins - the more victories you have in a row, the less RP you get" is not absolute, as how much you get depends on your development. Of course, you need to battle to earn rank. BUT in order to get more and more rank in the long-term you need to increase your rank limit: and this IS NOT done by battling but by researching! And in order to research you need resources, which, among others, requires battling (so, it's a system where all aspects are vital for overall development)..

And, yes, you're right about the gold league limit constantly increasing (this is due to the recent update and many players who wish to get to the top; 6 months ago, many top players were rather inactive because there was no realm war, there was no level beyond level 60, etc.). Now it's the real deal :) And this is also why sometimes Playkot even tries to lower the gold league requirements artificially (if it grows a lot) so that dedicated guys like you do not lose all hope :)

"I am on 50th level, and with 9000 RP. IT'S MORE THAN OTHER PLAYERS HAVE! But only six months ago the limit for Golden League was 8200RP...". Your RP is good for your level! Regarding the limit, well, as I told you, it is affected by overall activity. However, I would say that the game won't get much more active as it is now (unless Playkot does not do something huge about, for example the Realm War...), therefore the limit could even drop in the upcoming weeks or at least stay about the same.

And, look at yourself in the long-term. Where were you 3 months ago? I am sure you have much more rank now! 3 months from now you'll have much more than now, maybe even enough to be in the gold (if you keep researching at max speed: i.e. both arsenals, castle, altar of heroes and rune tower constantly working, great friend support to speed up research, earning speed-ups yourself, etc.)...

Last but not least, I am only trying to help here but, should you feel that things might be really improved and if you have decent and well motivated suggestions for the developers, please describe them in detail here and I will make sure they are forwarded to developers so that they can consider what has been offered and maybe implement some of the ideas in the game.

BR
    Indriķis (Saip0)

P.S. Remember: keep your rank limit growing!!! It is the key to get to the gold ;)
    Thamk You for VERY COMPLEX answer. Really.

But the main problem stays: as You say, I am on good level. With this speed, mine and GoldenLeague limit, I will upgrade my specials on which level? (Precondition is from 55lvl... )

I think, in all so complex mathematics is a mistake hidden - I cannot know the game statistics, but I assume today is more "high-level" players and few, VERY few newbies :( Game ballance goes strange ways.

Yap, that was no question :) Thank You once more for patience and I will hope for better chances :)
    You're welcome and thank you for thanking me, lol :D (this is something I have agreed to do, so I try to do my best).
    Still, if you would like to draft a duly motivated request to the developers, please do so: I will forward it for consideration (as they appreciate well developed suggestions from players: this is what should keep the game going).

BR
    Indriķis
    I think its done (on KCOH site Playkot aswered).