Player/Covenants Indexes Needed

7 Comments·Started 26 April 2016 12:27 PM
Ralph CiampaRalph Ciampa Forum SpeakerRalph CiampaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
Hello,

Anyone interested as well in having a player and covenant index, in which you can find any player or covenant AT ANY LEVEL you are? This will aid folks in recruiting and finding other players, their covenants, etc. It could only help.

thank you, :cool:
Hello, please join ObsidianUnitedUnion, a member of the large Obsidian family of covenants !

Comments

• Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hehe, Ralph,

it seems we're having only a dialogue here, no one joins in :D
    Did you know that you have a possibility to search for covenants once your tower of covenants is built?

But, yes, theoretically, what you speak of should not be too difficult to implement.

Anyone else would like this? If others supported Ralph's suggestions the would be a stronger chance that someone listens..
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    This suggestion has also been forwarded by our other moderator: Dennis.
  • Ralph CiampaRalph Ciampa Forum Speaker Ralph CiampaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
    thx, and thank you Mr. Dennis! I would like to take this time to thank our mods and devs who help us enjoy a terrific game!

p.s. any chance I can get a few jewels for the suggestions??? would be nice for that goal I mentioned before!
    Hello, please join ObsidianUnitedUnion, a member of the large Obsidian family of covenants !
  • Don TalloDon Tallo Forum Dweller Don TalloComments: 11
    Is it possible to search for a covenant after you have already joined a covenant? That option only shows up when you are not a member of any covenant.

I certainly agree with this suggestion. Just yesterday I was trying to find where Ooh went. Being Facebook friends, I could see that he joined CGII, but I would not have been able to do that otherwise. Then I wanted to find CGII. I looked around for 10 minutes and could not find them anywhere close by. It would have been nice to have a way to find them.
    Hi, Don,

no, when you're in a covenant, there's no possibility to find a specific covenant (except for those that are in covenant top list).
    So, do we agree that we ask the devs for a search function so that we can find any player and any covenant? Do you think we should also be able to message any player we find in private (in-game private messaging)?

BR
    Indriķis
  • Don TalloDon Tallo Forum Dweller Don TalloComments: 11
    There have been times when I wanted to send a private messages to a GLM or LM of another covenant to say something that I did not want all the members of the covenant to see on the message stream. It would have been useful.

The problems I can foresee are:

1. Recruitment. This will mainly be an problem for the 60+ crowd. But I would hate to be hit with a dozen "Join Us!" messages every time I opened the game.

2. Trash talk in response to PvP battles. PvP winners might belittle the players they beat, making comments about how stupid their set-up is. PvP losers might respond with inappropriate vulgarities.

If they add this feature, there must be a mechanism to block people and to report people. The game management should then have the ability to suspend a person's messaging privileges if they are heavily reported and/or blocked.
    Well, I did forward the essential points of this conversation to the devs. But no promises ;)