Absent/Inactive GLM's, LM's

11 Comments·Started 26 April 2016 04:17 PM
Ralph CiampaRalph Ciampa Forum SpeakerRalph CiampaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
Hello,

Is there a mechanism to remove inactive GLM's from a covenant? In that way, the remaining active
members can take over (highest rank in glory, say, perhaps)?

Would anyone else be interested in this?

I have seen quite a few covenants, still active, but without a GLM, or the GLM is quite inactive, and the
same with LM's.

Is there a way to still carry the flag for the covenants mentioned above ?:cool:
Hello, please join ObsidianUnitedUnion, a member of the large Obsidian family of covenants !

Comments

• Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hi,

unfortunately the is no such mechanism. The covenant leader can either be the person that has paid for the creation of the covenant or a person to whom the leadership was transferred for certain reasons. Especially in the first case there is nothing we could really do, considering the fact that real money is involved and the player might come back at any time...

If something like this were to come true, I guess it has to be mentioned at the moment one creates his/her covenant (i.e. that, for example, after 1 month of GLM inactivity, the next highest rank will take over)... But players might abuse of this in some ways.

Any other ideas about this? Should I forward this issue to the developers so that they look into it?

BR
    Saip0
  • Ralph CiampaRalph Ciampa Forum Speaker Ralph CiampaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
    yes, please, as it is unfair to those active members of a covenant that the GLM/LM abandoned without an heir. Thank you !
    Hello, please join ObsidianUnitedUnion, a member of the large Obsidian family of covenants !
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Forwarded to the team for consideration.

BR
    Indriķis
  • Ralph CiampaRalph Ciampa Forum Speaker Ralph CiampaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
    thanks to you
  • Than HlineThan Hline Forum Dweller Than HlineComments: 5 ✭✭
    well, in addition to this, if the inactive GLM returns to the team he/she can automatically take over it making the acting GLM to the previous position & vice versa
    Hello,

and what if the person who takes over (because of rank or level, etc.) kills the cov by removing everyone? When the initial GLM would return there would be no more cov...
    Or, vice versa, the one who takes over builds a very good team which can, at any time, be taken away from him..

Don't you think this would cause more problems than good?

If someone feels the passion in him, why not create his own covenant and get the remaining active players to join it? Because of cities and castles that the cov might have?
  • Than HlineThan Hline Forum Dweller Than HlineComments: 5 ✭✭
    in this case, can't be there another option of Governor rank which will be given to the acting GLM with no power to remove the active players as well as the founder of the team who will remain as GLM. He/she can only remove the inactive ones [ the inactivity time may be given up to 30 days according to the level/point]
    Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    I see what you mean, but... Actual GLM and LM rank allows to dismiss players and accept new ones. So, this new rank wouldn't be able to dismiss any active player in order to make changes to the team? In this case the team would be blocked anyway, wouldn't it?
    Than, are you still there?
  • Ryan HardyRyan Hardy Ryan HardyComments: 2
    When they have been absent for 1000 days, they are not coming back and should forfeit their right to keep the covenant in their name. There are far too many totally dead covenants in the game with well over 365+ days absent members.
    Hi, Ryan,

indeed! When I was GLM, I saw it as my responsibility to forfeit my rights before becoming inactive... Every good GLM should do so..