Dev Blog #6

6 Comments·Started 13 May 2016 12:07 PM
ustinustin Titans DeveloperustinComments: 3 Developer
Hello! Thank you for the multifaceted comments about the update to base development and base battles. We're glad you like the update overall. During the upcoming months we're going to be fine-tuning defense strength, attack strength, conditions for earning stars, and matchmaking. The point of this is to make sure the game is balanced, so don’t be intimidated by it. :)

We’re also trying to avoid putting off forest generation on player bases and a method for large-scale wall construction.

And now, a word about the future. The next update will involve more active interaction within clans (I know, you read about this back in March, but then we were just talking about ideas — this is specific plans for an upcoming update). There will now be mercenary robots that can be used in any battle. Eventually you will be able to give these robots to your clanmates. In order to counterbalance the offensive robots, bases will be able to deploy guard robots.

More about that, and other stuff too:

Mercenary robots:
  • The squadron window will have three additional slots for mercenary robots.

• Mercenary robots can be used in any battle if needed.

• The mechanic for recruiting robots will be based on the player's development. Stronger players will be able to recruit more awesome robots.

• It will be possible to recruit standard robots for resources and elite robots for credits.

• Each subsequent hire over the course of a 24-hour period will cost more than the previous one, and then the prices will be reset to their initial values.

• Once a mercenary robot is chosen, it can't be replaced with another until it's used in a battle.

• It will be possible to deploy mercenaries near any of your robots at any point in a battle, but not right near enemy structures.

• Mercenaries will not follow the player’s orders. Once they they have been deployed, they will act completely autonomously, attacking the nearest target.

• Once a mercenary has been used in battle it will be considered lost, but it can be hired again.

• Requirements: Mission Control IV for the first mercenary, Mission Control V for the second and the third.

Guard robots:
  • Players will be able to build up to three Guard Posts at which defensive robots can be posted.

• Any robots from the player's Dock (including elite robots) can be deployed to these Posts, and these robots will be subject to limitations based on the size of the post.

• The upcoming version will only have basic robot guard behavior without any option to adjust it.

• Requirements: HQ II for the first Guard Post, HQ III for the second and the third.

• Eventually we are planning to develop several tactics for defensive robots from which the player will be able to choose, such as patrol, attack, and defend.
3.jpg 325.8K
1.jpg 334.4K

Comments

• Bill TangBill Tang Forum Dweller Bill TangComments: 10 ✭✭
    Regarding to mercenary bots, is it possible to modify their gear (weapons, armor, shield) in advance?

For defense tactics of guard bots, i think the bots should be able to get into the right positions and block the incoming gunfire of invading bots, including cannons, from hitting pre-assigned targets of protection.

as i have suggested somewhere else before, a combat simulation can be designed, in which a player fights his own base using his own bots. no real damage is made, no fuel used or any resources lost in the end. Simulation can be done unlimited times. This way he better understands the weakness of its defense.
  • Walter RobertoWalter Roberto Forum Speaker Walter RobertoComments: 21 ✭✭✭
    I love this idea of trying your own base! Let's do it!

And I cant't wait to see these merc bots in actoin :)
  • Janno Robert QuestinJanno Robert Questin Forum Speaker Janno Robert QuestinComments: 22 ✭✭✭
    It will be possible to recruit standard robots for resources and elite robots for credits.

So basically we won’t be able to send our normal/elite bots to our clan members?

Each player or clan member must buy bots via resource or credit depending if its an elite or normal bot?

Will the “normal or elite bots” outfitted by the developers as a default schematic or can we as a paying player be able to custom outfit the mechs that we buy weather its resource or credit?
    The upcoming version will only have basic robot guard behavior without any option to adjust it.

Will we have the option to see or read the type of stance that defensive bot will be in or will we have to just wait and see how they act in the replay? If we are relying on the replay can we have the replay “fixed” so that we have an accurate replay instead of seeing a broken replay that makes the defender believe that the attacker is using some kind of cheat or hack?

Eventually we are planning to develop several tactics for defensive robots from which the player will be able to choose, such as patrol, attack, and defend.

Why can’t we have a standard
    “Aggressive” Stance:
    This will attack every bot deployed in the base until that bot is dead.

"Stand Ground” Stance:
    This will hold the area of its maxed range and not move out of it and if any attacking bots get into its range than it will counter attack that bot in its range.

“Guard” Stance:
    This will allow the bot to defend a certain building or other defending bot when the attacking bot gets in the range of that building or bot.

Personally the idea of the stances and schematic should be standard with the upcoming update, players will have the ability to make each bot more efficient.
  • Jean-paul FollacaJean-paul Follaca Forum Speaker Jean-paul FollacaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
    Hello Fyodor and the team!
    I like a lot the great new features to balance defense and attack (some sound familiar to me).
    For the IA attitude of guard bots they must not be lured by dodge bot at least in one mode.
    They must fire at the bot which is shooting the building they must protect not the one dancing in front of them.
    And about the balance of rewards for defenders do you have some improvements in mind?
    I think a separate defender ranking would be fine plus resources from the attacker (on tenth of each type for instance and fuel)

What about the question of weight for mercenaries?

Super news, I'm very impatient to see these improvements and the next steps.

Thank you very much!
  • Dario WilkowskiDario Wilkowski Forum Dweller Dario WilkowskiComments: 11 ✭✭
    Could any dev comment if we ever see any flying units ? They could be weaker but would play tactical role in gaining victory, also would be nice to see some flying units as game itself. It's hardly to believe that in near/distant future there are no flying units except of transports for mech them self.
    In regard to mercs its good idea except of the fact that elite are only usable by credits. Player should have option to acquire them in ingame currency like 3-5 times more then regular version with some T-minerals cost added too. Credit should be just alternative way for those who don't wish to waste there res. As with current situation game start to look like pay to win. I'm afraid that if you continue to stay with pay to win many players might just leave as we seen many of such games on the market before. Thx for reading :D :D
  • Jean-paul FollacaJean-paul Follaca Forum Speaker Jean-paul FollacaComments: 18 ✭✭✭
    Hello!
    The posts for guards are unusable for a long time because of the ridiculous weight they can support even after five enhancements (and one post at a time). The attacker has mercenaries immediately. This increases the unbalance between base and attacker drastically.
    Enhancing until posts guards become usable (I hope levels are more than nine)
    Thank you!