Treasury and resource sharing

5 Comments·Started 11 June 2016 07:31 AM
Marmiton MarmiteMarmiton Marmite Freshly on the boardMarmiton MarmiteComments: 0
Hi girls and guys,

I make this post to see if it would be possible to establish a guild treasure? Some have too many resources and other not enough, or to exchange resources.
Also if possible develop a little more messages and chat channel?

Then I have a question, do you plan to enlarge the map of the world? New cities and castles.

Thanks for your understanding, Marmiton. :)

Comments

• Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hello Marmiton and welcome to the forum :)

1) you want the developers to introduce the possibility for a player x to give resources to a player y, right? (don't you think this would be too much advantage for low level players? Imagine, a level 90 player who can easily earn loads of resources gives them constantly to a level <15 player = the low lever player would level up extremely fast + crystal use becomes pretty much useless if everything comes so easily, so I doubt Playkot will want to introduce something like that. Unless it is introduced with certain restrictions... Well, in any case, you're welcome to develop your idea even more, justify it properly from all aspects - I can forward it to the developers) ;)

2) What features would you like to see in the RW chat / in the round table? Would you like to see any additional messaging system?

3) In order to enlarge the map, a certain saturation level is required. If that happens, the map is likely to be enlarged to give more air to lower level covenants. However, the next big update will be about the Realm War and will focus on making it more interesting for low-mid level covenants and harder for the biggies, so no worries - they should find ways to make the game more interesting for everyone. Again, if you have specific ideas, please put them forward well justified and I shall forward them to the team for consideration.

BR
    Indriķis
  • Don TalloDon Tallo Forum Dweller Don TalloComments: 11
    This is not that bad of an idea. Farmland allows it and it does not hurt the profitability of that game. Two simple rules would address the concern about crystals.

1. You can only trade for items that available at your level. Basically, if you cannot produce it in your own smiths or foundries, then you cannot trade for it.

2. Trading for resources is done at an exchange rate determined by the system, not negotiated by the players. E.g., 10 wood = 5 stone = 1 iron = $80. They could just re-use the exchange rates already present in the merchant.

With 2 rules like that in place, it becomes very unlikely that a level 20 player will have anything of interest or any consequential quality of resources to trade with a level 50 player. E.g., if a level 20 player advertises 1,000 pieces wood for stone, a level 50 player will just keeps scrolling because he can get that much wood in one PvP battle. If a level 50 players offers 5,000 pieces of stone for wood, a level 20 player can't touch it because their vaults will not provide the requisite 10,000 pieces of wood.
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hi, Don Tallo,

it is a pleasure to see some activity in the forum! I like your points very much (this is what one could call a more justified proposition with specific ideas).

Alright, so if this post has got some response, let's discuss the idea we want to forward to the developers.

1. "Trading for resources is done at an exchange rate determined by the system, not negotiated by the players. E.g., 10 wood = 5 stone = 1 iron = $80. They could just re-use the exchange rates already present in the merchant."

This would not be trading between players but in the marketplace, correct? If so, I think it might be a nice addition (if Playkot will not block the idea due to the same crystal-based reason). If the price is always fixed, there is no need for free market, i.e. exchanges between players (just exchange them at your marketplace and done). Am I correct?

2. About trading items: this is more complex. If this is integrated, a player, as you put it correctly, wouldn't have the right to acquire an item that he/she can't produce yet. But then items would require certain values to make sure exchanges are not done simply to boost someone (i.e. only items with +/-1 value difference can be traded)... Do you see what I mean?

Best
    Indriķis
  • Don TalloDon Tallo Forum Dweller Don TalloComments: 11
    On (1): I was actually proposing trading between players. I imagined a player putting out an offer e.g., to buy wood and offer stone. The proposal to fix the exchange rate was just a mechanism for preventing a person with multiple accounts from scamming the system. But, an ability to buy resources in the market place is equivalent so long as there is fairness in the exchange. The current exchange for items is ridiculous; they want 3-times the sell price to buy. Replicating that would completely erase any value to the game.

On (2): The value of an item can be calculated as the sum of the exchange rates for the resources and the coins required to make it. Obviously, that would be recursive for items that require items to make (like cavalry swords, which require swords). But unlike resources, the value of items includes abstract things like smithy/foundry bandwidth and wall-clock time. I think any trade that is +/- 20% from equity is justifiable and should not impact crystal use.

But I agree with you that we need to prevent people with alternate accounts from up-streaming resources and items from low-level accounts to give their main accounts advantages.
    Hi, Don Tallo,

thank you very much for your time and concerns. I compiled all this idea in a single suggestion to the developers and forwarded it. I hope it will get decent attention.

BR
    Indriķis