Do you remember the ARMA mech components given to you by the Raider (unnamed for now but soon to join the story as a main character) in the last days of summer? Well, in September we are planning to extend the mechanics for getting components throughout the whole game instead of just in special offers. Not only that, there may be other pleasant surprises relating to mech components.
Our support team received a lot of questions about containers. I’ll try to answer the most important.
What do I do now with mech components I got in special offers?
Components collected from special offers are kept by players forever.
Now you can buy the remaining components and build elite mech for a portion of the price. In future we’ll add the possibility to gradually collect the remaining components in battles.
I don’t need a 15th “Shark” in my squad. What should I do with it?
Now we’re working on mechanics that will let you profit from any robot. For the time being, you can send “spare” mechs to the Clan Dock: Your clan comrades will be grateful for the extra support.
Is it possible to upgrade the equipment of elite robots built from components?
Yes, it is possible. Equipment upgrades can be done in the usual way, as soon as the mech is assembled.
Anything else about plans for September?
- We’re planning to work on so-called “viral” mechanics (that’s the name for game options that allow players to interact with each other), which will allow players to help friends and clan members in the gruelling war against ARMA. We’re currently discussing what form these mechanics will take.
- 3 new elite mechs are being prepared for release (heavy robot, level 10 of the Mechworks and 2 mechs for beginners) and several special abilities for mechs that are already in the game.
- Special abilities for the “Mauler” and “Godhammer” (since there wasn’t quite enough time for this in August).
What else are we working on (but still don’t have a release date for)?
- Level 6 HQ and everything connected to it: mechs, new structure levels, new types of traps, defenses and other components, new campaign missions and new convoys.
- Special components for defenses.
- Clan interaction: see which other clan members are online, see activity statistics.
- Recognition for playing in the leagues and climbing the leaderboard: Based on the mech component mechanics.
- More understandable opponent selection.
- New battle formats. We’re looking at two main options: more interesting Campaign battles for single-player mode and co-op missions you can complete together with clan members.
- And one more idea is nearly finished: we are expanding our artist department, so we’ll be bringing you interesting new events more often!