Suggetions for the Improvement of the game

6 Comments·Started 14 February 2017 02:20 PM
Than HlineThan Hline Forum DwellerThan HlineComments: 5 ✭✭
I would like to share some suggestions for the improvement of the game. The following alterations might amend the game and make more interesting :confused::cool::cool:

Game Rules:

** It's quite unfair that when someone wins, gets only 20-50 points & loses 100-200+ points when defeated/is revenged. There should be at least a minimum ratio for this

** One can only take 1 revenge at a time which is a dire thing to lose points [ as points help to earn a place in the leagues]. Everyone both the attacker & the defender deserves a fair chance. Therefore, a defender must be able to take all of the retaliation.

** The time to recover special units should be decreased to 72 hrs instead of 168 hrs/7 days

** Provide 10 crystals instead of 5 every week

** Allow to exchange/swap special units,troops [according to level; 60+ can give champions to a level 55 if already researched] , resources among the covenant members

Game Units:

** Paladins are as ugly as coal :cool: :cool:. Look at the Champions, Destroyers, Squalls , Venators. All of them are gorgeous. I suggest to change the appearance of the "Paladin". Either remove the Paladin & give the ability of the Paladin to the "Venator" as Venator is not much useful unit having less range & turn or kindly, make Venator a useful unit; giving it the same range & turn as Paladin.

** Can you make a special unit "Centaur" with the following abilities [ half human half horse] ?
immune to stun, control & fear
[/LIST] 30% defense with 3000 health, 1200 attack & 230 turn up to 4000 health, 1500 attack, 260 turn
[/LIST] 1 crossbow ability which refreshes after 1 turn

Realm of War:

"Action speaks louder than words". The realm of war is mostly run by the mega covenants [of course the saying goes "Survival of the fittest"]. Needless to say anything as Mr.Don Tallo has already mentioned in his post. However, I would like to add something to his modifications.

** Only after having 4 villages 2 each of 20+ upgrade, one can attack a city

** 3 lvl 30 villages + 3 lvl 30 cities = 1 castle assault + gives 1 additional village

** 3 lvl 30 villages + 6 lvl 30 cities = 2 castle assault [ a castle can assault a castle only when there are 6 lvl 30 cities ]
+ gives 1 additional village which means the total no of village goes up to 6 and so on.

** Low level players/newbies lose interest of the realm of war as they always get battered by the robust opponents. Therefore, there are two things that can be modified. Either create separate zones for the all level of players. For instance, level 15-30 in one zone, following by it lvl 30-50, lvl 51-60, lvl 61-90 or make some changes in covenant's rule such as a team cannot have more than 10, 60+ players in a total of 20 players and must have 5 lower level & 5 mediocre level players. A higher level player cannot attack half of his lower level player like it happens in normal battle mode. To illustrate this, a lvl 70 player from a team cannot attack/will not get randomly a level 50+ player from an opponent.Now here is the point. Each and every player will be upgraded and will advance to the next level which nullifies the above rule. In this case, the exceeding levels will be automatically in the application list/substitution list. Those who have more points will remain in the first team. It is the GLM/Leaders who can pick up the players as current rule. Thus there will always be a rotation in the squad and everyone will have a fair chance.[ now don't say that everything is fair in love and war as Maximus said, "what we do in our lives echoes in eternity" in Gladiator movie]

** Make alliance & peace "meaningful" and limit the no of these two a team can have. Suppose 5 alliance & 5 peace [ a team can change it at any time ]. Allow allied teams to exchange/swap/transfer players between them and give reinforcement ability to the allies. Each allied team can provide 5 reinforcement. The strength of reinforcement will be based on the defenders efficiency as it is now.

** There are more teams in the realm of war than the spaces. The map has enough rooms to be unlocked. Hence, I would request you to free up some spaces.

Thank you Playkot if you are reading this by now and hope you will take this sincerely as we all know "With great power, comes great responsibility"

Comments

• Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    Hello,

"** It's quite unfair that when someone wins, gets only 20-50 points & loses 100-200+ points when defeated/is revenged. There should be at least a minimum ratio for this". Not likely to happen. There is a complex algorithm behind. Based on your development, there is a certain rank limit. The closer you get to that limit, the less you gain and the more you lose, and vice versa (if you're far from that limit, you'll gain more than you will lose).

"** One can only take 1 revenge at a time which is a dire thing to lose points [as points help to earn a place in the leagues]. Everyone both the attacker & the defender deserves a fair chance. Therefore, a defender must be able to take all of the retaliation." I will try to suggest this one to the developers. However, you have to know that revenge does not use energy points. If they were to introduce something like that, I think energy-free revenges would no more exist.

"** The time to recover special units should be decreased to 72 hrs instead of 168 hrs/7 days". Not likely to happen. This is one of their income sources (you can pay for instant recovery, right?), so, to be honest, I do not think they would consider such an option.

"** Provide 10 crystals instead of 5 every week". Alright, I can forward this one for consideration.

"** Allow to exchange/swap special units,troops [according to level; 60+ can give champions to a level 55 if already researched] , resources among the covenant members " You would need to develop this one much more before we can even try to submit it to developers. Imagine, how many resources a lvl60+ could give to small level players? They wouldn't need to do anything and would just easily develop... With no effort (except for cases where scrolls of valor are needed, maybe)... I mean that if anything like that is introduced, it would need severe limits. So, is there enough benefit to both players and Playkot? What makes this idea so very valuable to Playkot? (there must be something to catch their attention, you know (speaking from experience)).I will wait for more input before I forward this one

"** Paladins are as ugly as coal . Look at the Champions, Destroyers, Squalls , Venators. All of them are gorgeous. I suggest to change the appearance of the "Paladin". Either remove the Paladin & give the ability of the Paladin to the "Venator" as Venator is not much useful unit having less range & turn or kindly, make Venator a useful unit; giving it the same range & turn as Paladin. " This is subjective, mate ;) They will never introduce such changes based on one opinion. Do you have more support for that?

"** Can you make a special unit "Centaur" with the following abilities [ half human half horse] ?Attachment 481

immune to stun, control & fear[/LIST]30% defense with 3000 health, 1200 attack & 230 turn up to 4000 health, 1500 attack, 260 turn [/LIST]1 crossbow ability which refreshes after 1 turn ". I can forward that one. However, to my thinking (subjective), we need other things than another new unit...

"** Only after having 4 villages 2 each of 20+ upgrade, one can attack a city": basically, by this, you want to slow down the speed at which covenants can take over other settlements, right? Can you develop the idea more? Would you only be able to attack cities from villages of at least lvl20?

"** 3 lvl 30 villages + 3 lvl 30 cities = 1 castle assault + gives 1 additional village

** 3 lvl 30 villages + 6 lvl 30 cities = 2 castle assault [ a castle can assault a castle only when there are 6 lvl 30 cities ]
    + gives 1 additional village which means the total no of village goes up to 6 and so on.". By this you want to limit the speed at which a covenant can develop?

"** Make alliance & peace "meaningful" and limit the no of these two a team can have. Suppose 5 alliance & 5 peace [ a team can change it at any time ]. Allow allied teams to exchange/swap/transfer players between them and give reinforcement ability to the allies. Each allied team can provide 5 reinforcement. The strength of reinforcement will be based on the defenders efficiency as it is now." Interesting. What would swapping imply? Not losing attack points? Who would be able to give those reinforcements? Allied GLM only? LMs?

"** There are more teams in the realm of war than the spaces. The map has enough rooms to be unlocked. Hence, I would request you to free up some spaces." Developers are following overall saturation. Whenever it reaches a certain level, new areas are added.

"** Low level players/newbies lose interest of the realm of war as they always get battered by the robust opponents. Therefore, there are two things that can be modified. Either create separate zones for the all level of players. For instance, level 15-30 in one zone, following by it lvl 30-50, lvl 51-60, lvl 61-90 or make some changes in covenant's rule such as a team cannot have more than 10, 60+ players in a total of 20 players and must have 5 lower level & 5 mediocre level players. A higher level player cannot attack half of his lower level player like it happens in normal battle mode. To illustrate this, a lvl 70 player from a team cannot attack/will not get randomly a level 50+ player from an opponent.Now here is the point. Each and every player will be upgraded and will advance to the next level which nullifies the above rule. In this case, the exceeding levels will be automatically in the application list/substitution list. Those who have more points will remain in the first team. It is the GLM/Leaders who can pick up the players as current rule. Thus there will always be a rotation in the squad and everyone will have a fair chance.[ now don't say that everything is fair in love and war as Maximus said, "what we do in our lives echoes in eternity" in Gladiator movie] " I will forward that one for their consideration but I honestly feel that if such a thing would be instantly introduced it could lead to a quick crash of the entire game.

BR
    Indriķis
  • Than HlineThan Hline Forum Dweller Than HlineComments: 5 ✭✭
    Thank you for the response Mr.Indrikis. :D

For the 2nd point, energy will be used to take the all revenges.

For the 3rd point, it takes many crystals [as only 5 crystals are given in a week; had it been given 10 crystals then it would be okay] to revive special units, if not 72 then at least 96 hrs/4/5 days instead of 7 days

Moving on to 5th point, there can be a limitation in swapping troops, resources [ only 2/5 troops & 2/5 resources per week just as the caravan in the market] or one can get them at the half of the making price which can also save time. Resource means which are produced in the smithy & foundry only, not the scrolls or magic artifacts

On the Alliance point, allied members can swap players without losing attack points. When a player is swapped his attacks,reinforcements will be just as joining a new team. This is just to get rid of expelling or a player leaving then joining an allied team.

In terms of realm of war,it's true "if such a thing would be instantly introduced it could lead to a quick crash of the entire game.' Nonetheless, this can be applied at once. A higher level player cannot attack half of his lower level player like it happens in normal battle mode. A team full of 70+ won't be able to attack full of 40+ and there won't be any attack option[while hovering on a settlement with a sword sign] unless alleged team has at least 1, 70+/approximate level and the 70+ team members will only get that 70+/approximate while attacking. Perhaps, quite unfair for a single player but it would save the rest of the low level or mediocre players.

Oh, I forgot to add one thing.Let Morgana also attack cities as well as covenant's most developed village. In this case, cities will be captured and village will lose level only. :cool: Reduce the time of upgrading villages. In this case, up to level 3 can be upgraded within an hour as it also takes the same time to abandon it. Then, after level 8 it will take 12 hrs & after 16, 24 hrs.[ the abandon rule will too follow by this] Thus village will also have an importance. Allow covenant members to give gifts among them everyday as it happens in normal mode.
  • Indriķis SīpolsIndriķis Sīpols Moderator Indriķis SīpolsComments: 219 Moderator
    "For the 2nd point, energy will be used to take the all revenges." Yes, this could work. I'll forward the suggestion.

Let's see if we can negotiate a 10 crystal bonus per week or every two weeks, based on activity...

Regarding the 5th point, maybe we could introduce the option of giving troops/resources to team members... Say, one can give away a precise amount of resources and/or troops weekly... Those who need and can pick them up, can do so... I don't know. Just ideas... This point is still problematic...

Maybe we could offer something related to Mprgana village upgrades? For now they have all been at lvl1?
    Than, still reading this?
  • The game is starting to get boring, it needs some proper changes especially in battles. Some units need to be re-made like Maeve e.g. they should be immune to arrows, they're ghost-like. Again, I take issue with league points distribution, if you lose a battle you lose 200+ points but if you win you get maybe 10 or an enemy cannot overcome your forces you get 8 points.....its ridiculous to the point that you may as well play this game once a week in order to get maybe 20-30 pts per win in battle. The points you lose in battle should also be your points for a win in battle if so, make winning or losing points no greater than say 50.
    Hello,

regarding rank, the amount you gain or lose is directly linked to your rank cap. 
    The closer you are to your rank cap, the more you lose, the less you gain. And vice versa. Rank cap is increased by doing research in arsenals, altar of heroes, rune tower and your main building (castle building). 
    Regarding Maere, I will forward the idea but that needs serious rethinking in any case. We cannot also make Maere god-like... :)