Update: Draws and Balance

18 Comments·Updated 23 May 2018 03:33 PM
kate_alkate_al Freshly on the boardkate_alComments: 64 Community Manager
edited May 2018 in News and Announcements

Say goodbye to last minute draws!

Just like before, the Strike Group that earns more Stars wins the Battle. But once the Stars count is even, then the Action Points kick in!
So let’s get a little deeper into how Action Points work.

At the start of the battle, both Groups have 81 000 Action Points.
Seconds that Commanders spend on each attack multiplied by 10 are the Group Action Points spent. Strike Group with more Action Points left celebrates the victory.

Note:
—There will be no extra rounds.
—Attack timer starts ticking when a teammate hits the ‘Attack’ button. Once the attack is over, the timer pauses.

Time in between the attacks doesn’t count so you can plan your operation and make an attack at any time during Battle’s 24-hours period.
Still, a Commander who didn’t perform a single attack does not get the Crate.

And that’s when the Balance tweaks step in! First of all, to make battles more challenging and create opportunities for different attack strategies. And because we don’t want to leave you guys hanging without the Crate. The stronger the Battleships, the more the chance for each Commander to perform an attack whenever he or she wants!

Here are the tweaks:

— Increased HQ health at the Battleships at all levels, and on personal base — starting from level 18.
—Reduced 16+ lvl Salvo and 21+ lvl Bombshell damage.
—Increased Battleship Defense and Structures health: Railgun, Nitrogun, Cannon, Rocket Battery and Uranium Reactor and Liberium Depot—again, at all levels.

See the detailed report on how the stats changed at min and max levels:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wHFJXNK9KpgHrzLRvrM5TF26s08PoDQcOG2pyXDJMis/edit#gid=0 

We want to keep the Battles diverse and challenging, as well as the daily attacks. It will still be possible to make it through other Commanders’ bases, but it may cost more Destroyer Energy and troops casualties. You might need to figure out new strategies but the efforts worth it!

Several more fixes:

— Medics sometimes took too much interest in self-medication and ceased to support other troops. This problem will be solved.
— A hierarchy for training scripts has been set up — it used to layer under the other in-game windows like Battle results. Now the training script has priority so you will not miss it accidentally.
— Typos and description confusions will be terminated.

Know it all about the Action points: https://playkot.helpshift.com/a/tropic-storm/?p=web&l=en&s=what-s-new&f=action-points
Checkout the fresh Upgrades Table: https://playkot.helpshift.com/a/tropic-storm/?s=what-s-new&f=upgrades-table&l=en&p=web

Let us know what did you like more about this update: unfair draws over? stronger Battleships? healthy Medics?

Comments

• Can you please post what the HQ health was vs what it is now at each level, and the same with the salvo and bombshell...what the damage at each level was, vs what it is now.
  • MonMon MonComments: 2
    "los segundos que los comandantes gastan en cada ataque multiplicado por 10 son los puntos de acción del grupo. El grupo de ataque con más puntos de acción celebra la victoria"......según dice aquí he interpreto si me demoro mas tiempo en el ataque, obtengo mas segundos de este y por lo tanto mas puntos, analicen, no es el objetivo supongo
  • MonMon MonComments: 2
    Deberá ser: ir restando puntos de ataques obtenidos del total y el que se quede con mayor puntuación gana, debe ser así, pero no es lo que dicen.
  • Se VigSe Vig Se VigComments: 3
    LO       LAMENTO    NO  SE  INGLES   MI  VOTO   ES  UN  SOLO   JUGADOR   POR  CUENTA   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • timwellstimwells timwellsComments: 1
    we are always fighting teams 3 levels higher than us ,and the battleships have 2-3 times our defence .Could this be made a little fairer

• massysmassys massysComments: 5
    —Reduced 16+ lvl Salvo and 21+ lvl Bombshell damage.
    I disagree this rule. I spent time and money to increase my power and to upgrade salvos and boms. It really stinks.
  • kate_alkate_al Freshly on the board kate_alComments: 64 Community Manager
    Can you please post what the HQ health was vs what it is now at each level, and the same with the salvo and bombshell...what the damage at each level was, vs what it is now.
    Hi Brian! Sure, you can consult the spreadsheet now while there's still old params: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ixUPxscbqMffoFQqAi_bwdE02ItVirzjjppeVDguLg/edit#gid=387730804
    When the update comes, we will refresh the information :)
    With the new rules, the only "improved" thing is that I'll loose all my tanks in an attack and I'll have to reload them quickly, using banknotes or I'll have to wait about 2 hours. Great job !!!! The only difference between levels will be the HQ. Very nice, indeed.
    And I also think that I need a refund for the lost coins and banknotes, used to upgrade my bombs and salvos. When I need coins from you I have to pay, when I want to upgrade faster my bombs and salvos, I have to pay. So I need a refund for the difference between my bombs and salvos level  and the lower level you will give to me starting from Wednesday. I wait to have those banknotes back in my account.
  • Games go back to what it was before I love the update of no draws but really I spend days and days without one attack why everything is again unbalanced people lose so many troops that even buggy attacks are rare unless they're power buggies.
    The buggies gave the game again a purpose I see myself as level 70 doing cartels like 99% of the other people,  it's only worth to gear up for battle the rest of the games is cartels when everybody has their defense maxed not even level 35 tanks can take a base out without heavy loss  and waiting time of an hour and 47 minutes before taking next base.

Dear Kate, I'm very patient and I'm still waiting for an answear. Thank you .
    Hi massys!

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

I feel your pain and I know that sometimes balance changes may be upsetting. But this is important update, the battles become more challenging and fun. Plus, there's no need now to guard the end of the battle.

We need to keep the balance well-calibrated so the changes may happen from time to time. In order to achieve this balance, both sides (defense and attack) has to be tuned. Up and down. For players it means that sometimes you might invest your time and efforts to improve strategy that becomes less powerful or almost useless! Luckily, Salvos and Bombshell are still fine. It's still possible to make it through the bases, and your upgraded Salvos and Bombshells are still more powerful than lower-level players have.

As to Tanks, they are still useful but you will need to look at the situation, whom to use. We are working to further improve battleships, so it would be less fast for teams to reach 100. Therefore, to end in a draw.

Anyway, we'll be watching how the update influences daily PVP very soon. 
    Thanks for your answear !
    Can you please post what the HQ health was vs what it is now at each level, and the same with the salvo and bombshell...what the damage at each level was, vs what it is now.
    Hey hey! We've just updated the post, checkout the stats comparision table I've made for you :)
  • Buggie_ManiaBuggie_Mania Buggie_ManiaComments: 148 Moderator
    Here you go! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ixUPxscbqMffoFQqAi_bwdE02ItVirzjjppeVDguLg/edit#gid=387730804
  • Ouaf59Ouaf59 Ouaf59Comments: 6
    Hi,
    experience return on the action points for the draw.
    i'm just talking about this today : 
    we have more attack (7 vs 4) in stock but we'll lost. 
    I just read again the rules about batlle action points.
    we built our HQ and defenses on the enter of battleship. Always like this, before action points update.
    But with this rules i understand now why many team go to build defenses on the bottom of battleship : because the time to go attack defenses  will cost action points. (on the rules: "the seconds spent on the attack are multiplied by 10 and subtracted from the Action point total")
    So now just tactic: we'll change our batlleship building to the end of it.
    it's sad, we'll look always same organization on the bottom of battleship.
    this battle will nice but finaly the decision of the victory team is not very fair.
    thx to have read ;)
    PS: GG for the other team for this nice battle.