The Capitol / Around the World (7/3/18)

52 Comments·Started 03 July 2018 03:42 PM
The Capitol is back in the game!
https://apps.facebook.com/super_city_game

Mayors who asked about the Capitol: here's your chance to get it!
If you already have it in your city, you'll get an alternative main prize after you complete the quest :)

By the way, the better you complete the quest, the more gifts you'll get ;)

Comments

• Atilla ArslanAtilla Arslan Freshly on the board Atilla ArslanComments: 168 ✭✭✭
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭
    OMG seriously?! Have y'all lost your minds? Upgrades, Geyser Park, Chests and now this. All in the span of a week? C'mon, this is too much.  :s :s
  • ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1305 Super Moderator
    OMG seriously?! Have y'all lost your minds? Upgrades, Geyser Park, Chests and now this. All in the span of a week? C'mon, this is too much.  :s :s
    @BlackRoseHeart take a deep breath :) it's going to be ok, the Geyser and the upgrades have 0 time on them so you can work on them when you have nothing else to do. The chests you don't have to do if you wish not to, but if you do then you just collect keys for it and you can do the small 3 part quest. and this is a repeat quest so if you dont want to do this you don't have to. Just take a breath and work on which ones you like to do :) 

• Elona Peters SiemsenElona Peters Siemsen Freshly on the board Elona Peters SiemsenComments: 21 ✭✭
    Oh, I've wanted the Capitol building! Kinda have to agree with you, Black Rose Heart. I wish there weren't so many items from upgrades! And I wish we didn't hear "you don't have to do it" and "they can spend SBs or real money if they choose..." I believe the SC folks mean well. Yet those phrases do feel tiring and a bit unfeeling to me... :( Yep, I also get weary of players who say "Quit whining! It's just a game!" We should feel free to respectfully express our unhappiness. Others can disagree with our comments, but I think they should do it more respectfully. Sometimes I want to exclaim, "Quit being so parental!" And, yes, we "whiners" also share our compliments and thanks when called for! :)
  • ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1305 Super Moderator
    @BlackRoseHeart take a deep breath :) it's going to be ok, the Geyser and the upgrades have 0 time on them so you can work on them when you have nothing else to do. The chests you don't have to do if you wish not to, but if you do then you just collect keys for it and you can do the small 3 part quest. and this is a repeat quest so if you dont want to do this you don't have to. Just take a breath and work on which ones you like to do :) 
     Can't do the Capitol quest unless you do the upgrades. Will need to have at least 5 of each building upgraded to complete this quest in time. I'm not doing the Chests, and I'm barely doing the Geyser. And it's still too much all at once. Great for those under level 60, but not so much for those of us at a higher level. I am now convinced that the team at Playkot don't strategize when they plan stuff out. Or they don't care because it doesn't affect them. 

And please, stop it with the "you don't have to do this quest if you don't want to" line. It's way past getting old and redundant. We're not 5 year olds playing the game, we are well aware that we don't have to do it. We're also not stupid, and we know that each quest that we don't do will hurt our game down the line, usually because it's one more building that gives out a Seasonal Currency or Magic Key that we won't have at some point. Without large amounts of Seasonal Currency, we can't buy the buildings we need in the shop to help us advance in future quests. 

The levels on some of the subsequent upgraded buildings will also prevent people from even being able to upgrade the necessary amount of buildings to complete the quest. For instance, you must reach level 77 before you can do the 4th upgrade of the Colonial House. Someone who is only at level 60 will only be able to upgrade one of them.  Step 7 of this quest calls for 10 items from them. With only 1 Colonial House, someone at level 60 (the minimum for this quest) will be struggling to get what they need. Like I said, bad planning, and absolutely setting players up to fail. 

I know, your response will be "but they can spend SBs or real money to advance if they choose to" ... which is, of course, the only real strategy Playkot has in mind ... get people to spend spend spend. It's all about the money. Which y'all won't have if you keep driving players away from the game. They'll go the way other games have gone when greed dictated the game. :/ 
    The upgraded colonial house only takes 1 hour so yes have your neighbors speed them up. each neighbor click knocks off 1/2 an hour so not many neighbors will be needed to get 10 of the items. 

• Step VIII / 24h

++ Collect 10 Dragon Fruits (Fruit Market) ++ 

I think I could do this but I don't have a "Fruit Market." I have Fruit Farms, but Dragon Fruit isn't offered. Can you help clear this up for me and my friends? Thanks in advance!

Oh, I've wanted the Capitol building! Kinda have to agree with you, Black Rose Heart. I wish there weren't so many items from upgrades! And I wish we didn't hear "you don't have to do it" and "they can spend SBs or real money if they choose..." I believe the SC folks mean well. Yet those phrases do feel tiring and a bit unfeeling to me... :( Yep, I also get weary of players who say "Quit whining! It's just a game!" We should feel free to respectfully express our unhappiness. Others can disagree with our comments, but I think they should do it more respectfully. Sometimes I want to exclaim, "Quit being so parental!" And, yes, we "whiners" also share our compliments and thanks when called for! :)
    @Elona Peters Siemsen we take all feedback and give it to the team. They hear everyone, it sometimes takes time to implement things into the game such as changes. but yes there are going to be quests now with the new upgraded buildings in them. so like i mentioned above, ask your neighbors to speed them up for you. If you don't have many neighbors you can go to the add me board here in the forum or on our fan page and ask for neighbors there. 

Step VIII / 24h

++ Collect 10 Dragon Fruits (Fruit Market) ++ 

I think I could do this but I don't have a "Fruit Market." I have Fruit Farms, but Dragon Fruit isn't offered. Can you help clear this up for me and my friends? Thanks in advance!

The Fruit market is in the shop :) 

• Andrew YatesAndrew Yates Andrew YatesComments: 15 ✭✭
    Another quest on top of Keys , upgrades and Geyser. Is Playkot going broke. The Capitol quest needs upgraded buildings . We need items from upgraded buildings to make the bloody upgraded buildings.
    You are giving out advice to take the upgrades at your leisure. Well thanks for the advice. Stage 2 needs 17 Baguettes from the Upgraded Bakery ; they mature in 5 hours , so you need at least 5 upgraded Bakeries. Well I took my time and only have 3 so how am I going to complete this. The same with other upgraded buildings.AND then you repeat this in later stages. 10 Dragon Fruits from the Fruit Market which take 3 hours to mature. I will let you do the maths. The same with the Seafood Shop and Greek House.
     Playkot either have monkeys working for them or they are just after you money; I know which one I would bet on.
    So what is your advice know and please don't give me the company speech. 
    The upgraded colonial house only takes 1 hour so yes have your neighbors speed them up. each neighbor click knocks off 1/2 an hour so not many neighbors will be needed to get 10 of the items. 

@Elona Peters Siemsen we take all feedback and give it to the team. They hear everyone, it sometimes takes time to implement things into the game such as changes. but yes there are going to be quests now with the new upgraded buildings in them. so like i mentioned above, ask your neighbors to speed them up for you. If you don't have many neighbors you can go to the add me board here in the forum or on our fan page and ask for neighbors there. 
    Wait, what? You mean neighbors can speed up buildings by 30m?! I've been playing for 2 years and this is the first I'm hearing of this?! :open_mouth:

..... see how ridiculous that sounds. :/  Please stop patronizing us. Once again, we're not 5 years old. We know our neighbors can speed up buildings. Those of us over the minimum level of 60 are well versed in how the game operates. We didn't get past that level by being idiots. 

On another note, neighbors can only speed up 5 buildings at a time. So, which buildings should we have them speed up? The upgraded buildings so we can upgrade more buildings so we can do the quest, or the upgraded buildings that we need for the quest? Does Playkot intend to allow more than 5 clicks per visit? Because, ya know, there's only so much our neighbors can do to help us out. And most of us are clicking on the buildings that take the longest to mature, so a 1hr Colonial House will be completely ignored in favor of the other buildings that have a longer mature time. 

And if that weren't bad enough, in order to upgrade buildings after we've collected all the items needed for an upgrade, we have to wait hours and hours for the building to be constructed, then on top of that, more time for the new building to mature. There's only 24h per step, so by the time we upgrade enough buildings, the timer will run out. 

[side note: I have 78 neighbors, of which more than half of them visit me daily, so this isn't a "not enough neighbors" problem, this is a game design problem]
    I have forwarded this to the team. 

• sandrapuckettsandrapuckett Freshly on the board sandrapuckettComments: 4
    the only problem i have with this is you tell us to work on upgrades when we want because theres no timers, but when we need these buildings for quests that do have timers its going to make it very hard to complete, i think you should have gave us at least a month to work on upgrades before putting them in a quest and making them necessary to have to complete the quest. just saying.

the only problem i have with this is you tell us to work on upgrades when we want because theres no timers, but when we need these buildings for quests that do have timers its going to make it very hard to complete, i think you should have gave us at least a month to work on upgrades before putting them in a quest and making them necessary to have to complete the quest. just saying.

@sandrapuckett thank you for your feedback, i have sent this to the team as well :) 

• No need to be rude, do the darn thing if you want, or just finish what you are on. It will come back again later. Either people are bored with nothing to do, or fussing about having some quests. It's a fricken game people.With so many players all over the world, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone!

• I have to say that I agree -- this is too much at once.  I am a high level player and have the things needed but this is just excessive.  Not to mention that in the U.S. this is our Independence Day holiday week and many people are enjoying vacation or time with family and friends.  These quests could have been spread out over the course of the entire month irregardless of the fact that some can be done at our leisure.  We are also expected to have upgraded buildings for this quest and it is a bit unfair given that when you announced this new upgrade thing you told us there was no rush yet you failed to mention there would be a need for them in an upcoming quest which was right around the corner.  
  • Greg22Greg22 Greg22Comments: 4
    On part 3 the scarves come from Luxury Apartments....not from asking our friends....
  • Lori Lynch-SenterLori Lynch-Senter Freshly on the board Lori Lynch-SenterComments: 9
    Please note:   Correction on step 3 of the new Capitol quest.  The 12 scarves are from the Luxury Apartments, not ask your friends. 
  • Elona Peters SiemsenElona Peters Siemsen Freshly on the board Elona Peters SiemsenComments: 21 ✭✭
    I imagine the Admin or Super Moderator will take note of your corrections, Greg and Lori. That's what I came to share! - Scarves, step 3, from Luxury Apts., not from Friends. I'm not complaining, just sad, because I already collected from most of my Lux Apts! Ah, well, I'll wait patiently... :) BTW, Jenn, thanks for hearing us and passing on our comments!
  • Max RuddleMax Ruddle Max RuddleComments: 2
    edited July 2018
    It was much easier the previous time the Capitol was a prize in a quest.
    Only required Level 20 to start it, and had 14 days to complete it.
    Not sure what the alternative prize is for those of us that already have the Capitol,
    but I think I'll take a pass on this one thanks. Cheers.
    [EDIT] Evidently the alternative prize is the  Carousel.   
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭
    You know, I think Playkot has forgotten that the Russians had a month to do the upgrades before they got hit with quests requiring the use of the upgraded buildings. We haven't even had a week. Very bad planning on their part. And now they're going to throw another quest at us, similar to the Easter Egg quest. Are they trying to push players away from the game? 
  • Bonsoir, je laisse tomber pour le Capitol et je ne ferai pas la quête suivante, j'en ai marre ! Vous demandez trop de choses , faudrait être sur le jeu 24h /24h .Vais jouer tranquillement comme vous le recommandez si bien  :) 
    Someone needs to make up their mind. When this quest first hit, Step 3 said to ask friends for scarves. But the game had it as Warm Scarves from Luxury Apartments. Now it's changed, but only partially. Talk about confusing players! Especially those who went through that step earlier and had to get the scarves from the Luxury Apartments. :/  The pictures don't even match. 

• Kristie Jae ShortenKristie Jae Shorten Forum Dweller Kristie Jae ShortenComments: 12
    edited July 2018
    Black Rose Heart, THANK YOU for bringing all those points up! I was just about to say something similar, but you said it far better then I ever could. Just when I think this game couldn't get any more difficult, I get proven wrong time and time again. Playkot, FOR GOD'S SAKE, do NOT give us anymore quests that require upgraded buildings FOR AT LEAST THE NEXT MONTH!!!! Give us mere mortals a CHANCE to upgrade just enough buildings so that MAYBE we might have a TINY chance at completing said quest! I simply can't believe the sheer VARIETY and QUANTITY of upgraded buildings that's required for this quest! Thank God I already have the Capitol and Carousel. As was stated before, when this quest was originally offered, it was hard but doable. This is just plain impossible, unless you're willing to drain your SB account.

But I love doling out praise as much as criticism. I LOVE the new upgraded buildings! A little annoyed they don't fit where they used to (I have memorized where each of the buildings needed for quests are) so I'll have to re-memorize, but they look amazing! It's obvious a lot of time and effort went into their look. Congrats and THANK YOU!!!

C'mon Team, use your common sense!!! It's not hard! Put all those brilliant minds together and make good, rational decisions that can only be a help to us all, not a hindrance :)
  • I can only write two lines on my comment lines in the Game why? Under the name of the city
  • pour avoir le capitole il faut des habitats et commerces améliorés ..... en plus chronométré sur 24 h , j'ai commencé mais j’arrête , là c'est de la folie , il en est de même pour le parc des geysers .....belle trouvaille cet amélioration de bâtiments pour nous faire fuir le jeu .... le concepteur de cet action a du toucher le gros lot , mdr ...donnez nous des super bucks , car ils nous en faut pour continuer le jeu
  • What about the seafood shop, I have only one and there are 6 chopsticks to be collected, I will never get this quest completed :(
    What about the seafood shop, I have only one and there are 6 chopsticks to be collected, I will never get this quest completed :(
    If you cant purchase more of them just have your neighbors speed it up for you. Each neighbor knocks off 1/2 hour. 

pour avoir le capitole il faut des habitats et commerces améliorés ..... en plus chronométré sur 24 h , j'ai commencé mais j’arrête , là c'est de la folie , il en est de même pour le parc des geysers .....belle trouvaille cet amélioration de bâtiments pour nous faire fuir le jeu .... le concepteur de cet action a du toucher le gros lot , mdr ...donnez nous des super bucks , car ils nous en faut pour continuer le jeu
    If you can't do this quest now then just focus on upgrading your buildings and if the quest is offered again then by then hopefully you will have everything that you need at that time. 

I can only write two lines on my comment lines in the Game why? Under the name of the city
    You will need to contact support in the help center at the top of your game so they can look at your account for you. 

Someone needs to make up their mind. When this quest first hit, Step 3 said to ask friends for scarves. But the game had it as Warm Scarves from Luxury Apartments. Now it's changed, but only partially. Talk about confusing players! Especially those who went through that step earlier and had to get the scarves from the Luxury Apartments. :/  The pictures don't even match. 

Quest steps usually do change if and when the quest is offered for the 2nd time. so it is always best to look at our post and go to the link we provide that will give you the quest steps :) 

You know, I think Playkot has forgotten that the Russians had a month to do the upgrades before they got hit with quests requiring the use of the upgraded buildings. We haven't even had a week. Very bad planning on their part. And now they're going to throw another quest at us, similar to the Easter Egg quest. Are they trying to push players away from the game? 
    we had more time on Russian networks, but conditions there were a lot different! Many old quests’ balance has been changed a lot, so they don’t get new quests with upgraded buildings requirement. 

Please note:   Correction on step 3 of the new Capitol quest.  The 12 scarves are from the Luxury Apartments, not ask your friends. 
    Please pay attention to the quest steps closely. as you see it shows both, if you are doing the quest for the first time and if you are doing it for the second time :) 

Greg22 said:
    On part 3 the scarves come from Luxury Apartments....not from asking our friends....
    Please note there are 2 different ways... one is if you are doing the quest for the first time regular chain is lux. apts. and if you are doing the quest for the second time the alternative chain it is ask friends :) 

• DFTHOMASDFTHOMAS DFTHOMASComments: 1
    Hello hope all at playkot had a nice 4th of July TY for all your help and everything is working out well for me in this quest and the other quest and upgrading building I thought a nice comment would do the heart good
  • This always happens. Sad!
    edited July 2018
    Quest steps usually do change if and when the quest is offered for the 2nd time. so it is always best to look at our post and go to the link we provide that will give you the quest steps :) 
    Those were screenshots from THIS quest, from 2 different players! The problem is, they changed the official steps part way through the quest. If they change something, they should reflect that with an "edit: this step has been changed", because a lot of people come here to get the steps, then never return, so if the steps have been edited, they won't know it. 
    I am so p'od right now.  Because of all the refreshed and reloads, I had already completed step 9 several times, and had gone onto step 10 and was collecting that stuff.  And it never cleared out the step 9.  So I have lost everything I was collecting for step 10 and now have to wait for everything to reset, when I could have been on step 11.  What a complete waste of everything, not to mention frustration.
    You will need to contact support about this issue and see if they can help you :) 

Those were screenshots from THIS quest, from 2 different players! The problem is, they changed the official steps part way through the quest. If they change something, they should reflect that with an "edit: this step has been changed", because a lot of people come here to get the steps, then never return, so if the steps have been edited, they won't know it. 
    The steps havent been changed. like i show above, there are 2 different steps, one is if you have never done the quest before and the other is if you are doing the alternative :) 

We are getting the tech errors again, constant reloading of the game.  Yet no one cares, no compensation with all the issues, every quest and esp with timers on some of them.  Sent in another request.  They will say it's fixed, but just like yesterday, it isn't.  You need to start caring about the players.  Constant issues for the last two days with the delays, constant reloading, etc.....
    The team is working with facebook about all the issues

• Capital quest is completely unfair. Did not need upgraded anything the first time it was in game. And making the upgrades while other quests going on keep using up items needed... completely ridiculous. I have the capital from last year, it was easy to get withina few days, no way with how many items are needed from upgraded buildings, no way to build enough to collect within the dumb TIME LIMITS. didn't have thse last year either
  • Capital quest is completely unfair. Did not need upgraded anything the first time it was in game. And making the upgrades while other quests going on keep using up items needed... completely ridiculous. I have the capital from last year, it was easy to get withina few days, no way with how many items are needed from upgraded buildings, no way to build enough to collect within the dumb TIME LIMITS. didn't have these last year either

And Im a level 155 who has never complained about these types being hard ever.
    Capital quest is completely unfair. Did not need upgraded anything the first time it was in game. And making the upgrades while other quests going on keep using up items needed... completely ridiculous. I have the capital from last year, it was easy to get withina few days, no way with how many items are needed from upgraded buildings, no way to build enough to collect within the dumb TIME LIMITS. didn't have thse last year either
    Yep you are right, when a quest is offered for the 2nd time then the things change and it will be asked for things that are now newer in the game from the last time it was offered because the game changes. 

• Capital/Around the world Quest. Can anyone tell me why I didn't get the carousel quest come up after I got the Capitol building please. I managed to get the Capitol without restarting any quests but I see other player's have the carousel and wondered why the carousel Quest didn't come up. so if anyone can help or explain why I'll appreciate it. Thanks.
    Capital/Around the world Quest. Can anyone tell me why I didn't get the carousel quest come up after I got the Capitol building please. I managed to get the Capitol without restarting any quests but I see other player's have the carousel and wondered why the carousel Quest didn't come up. so if anyone can help or explain why I'll appreciate it. Thanks.
    That is not how it works. If you didn't already have the capitol then you got the capitol quest, if you already had the capitol then you got the alternative quest which was the carousel :)  So now that you have the capitol, then the next time the quest is offered you too will get the alternative quest ;) 

• The biggest problem I have with this quest is that it's an old quest that was brought back.  So why am I using buildings that didn't exist when the quest first came out? I shouldn't have to work harder than the first player that got to get a build because I'm doing it at a later date.  Very unhappy with this. 
    The biggest problem I have with this quest is that it's an old quest that was brought back.  So why am I using buildings that didn't exist when the quest first came out? I shouldn't have to work harder than the first player that got to get a build because I'm doing it at a later date.  Very unhappy with this. 
    @Tricia McClendon Douville when a quest is offered again then yes they usually change the quest steps. 

• Rieb6611Rieb6611 Rieb6611Comments: 2
    Hi for the past 2 days I have been unable to play my game on my tablet. I get technical error loading. Please reload to fix it. I could do it 20 times and it won't fix it. Please help!
  • Rieb6611Rieb6611 Rieb6611Comments: 2
    @Jenn Rodriguez please help. 
    Rieb6611 said:
    Hi for the past 2 days I have been unable to play my game on my tablet. I get technical error loading. Please reload to fix it. I could do it 20 times and it won't fix it. Please help!
    @Rieb6611 as we have a post on the page asking for screenshots and such you will be better to post on the fan page and add your screenshot like we are asking, that way the community manager can put everyone in a file and send it to the developers ;) 

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!