New: Tropical Marathon!

57 Comments·Updated 29 April 2019 02:23 PM
Diana CraciunDiana Craciun Diana CraciunComments: 236 Community Manager
edited April 2019 in SuperCity Updates

The Tropical Marathon is not a quest, it is a new way of rewarding players that are active in the game: now you have the opportunity to obtain an additional set of prizes without completing any additional tasks!💯

Play: https://apps.facebook.com/super_city_game

Comments

• Diana CraciunDiana Craciun Diana CraciunComments: 236 Community Manager
    edited April 2019

New: Tropical Marathon!

The Tropical Marathon is not a quest, it is a new way of rewarding players that are active in the game: now you have the opportunity to obtain an additional set of prizes without completing any additional tasks!

Requirements: players level 30+ can participate in the marathon.

The Marathon points are earned from usual actions in the game, such as:

• sending out a fully-loaded Ship in the Bay - 2 points

• fulfilling an order for a tourist - 1 point

• starting a party at the Bay hotel - 8 points

• points can be received also as prizes in our regular quests!

The Tropical Marathon has 4 stages:

1st stage - 29 April - 14 May

2nd stage - 14 May - 28 May

3rd stage - 28 May - 11 June

4th stage - 11 June - 25 June

Every stage has its own goals: the points gathered for one stage can be exclusively used on that stage only.

You exchange the points you have for a binder with blueprints. In this binder you can find blueprints for the prize buildings! After gathering a certain number of blueprints, you can exchange them for a building. How many blueprints you need for each building, you can see in the “Rewards” tab under each building.

Rewards details:

The Antique Shop: business, gives 3,400 coins every 6 hours, can have more than 1, can be placed anywhere except the Snowy plateau

Kayak Rental: gives 2,000 coins, 2,000 piastres every 24 hours, can be placed on the water expansions in the Bay area

Diving School: gives 1,300 piastres, 1,300 coins, 4-6 daffodils/pearls (after season change) every 16 hours, can be placed on the water expansions in the Bay area.

The Tropical Marathon has its own rating. To get into the rating, you will have to complete the first goal of the first stage. For the place in the rating you’ll receive binders with blueprints. The rating resets with every stage of the Marathon, so you are able to receive 4 rewards for the rating place during the course of a marathon.

• Atilla ArslanAtilla Arslan Freshly on the board Atilla ArslanComments: 177 ✭✭✭
  • I LIKE THIS ADDITION TO THE GAME  SOMETHING EXTRA JUST FOR PLAYING  THANK YOU

• I think this will be a great job. No stress, and they'll get you ahead. Finally, Playkot this is fun as it looks now. And yet another novelty - although it is a little harder to load - no problem with the mouse is built around the city. It will no longer be taking superbox in your city. There will not be any acceleration of the wrong buildings next to the neighbors. Thanks for the Playkot. Diana <3 thanks :)

• edited April 2019
    Kann man nicht selbst bestimmen bei welchem ​​Gebäude man die Mappe einsetzen möchte? Weil das hat es automatisch gemacht
  • sivadssivads sivadsComments: 6
    A great chance to get some different buildings for the Bay! Thanks so much :)
  • Looks like fun!  thanks!

• AloneAlone AloneComments: 12
    Thank you for the Bay Area it is beautiful and work as well. <3
  • I love this new addition to the game thank you so much :smile:
  • CON MISIONES REGULARES A CUALES TE REFIRRES YA QUE YO AHORA ESTOY METIDA EN 4 DIFERENTES AREAS

• NikiValineNikiValine NikiValineComments: 61 ✭✭
    Wow, awesome idea SC. Thanks :-)
  • very nice i like this one no rush take our time u should have this going for a few months gives people chance to get there building upgrading 
  • What level for the Fine china?? i got the show,but dont see it in the workshop??
  • ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1332 Super Moderator
    but hotel upgrade 5 asking 16 face mask.. parties asking  facemask....  marathon continue  asking parties  ..marathon during , how,  we make hotel upgrades?? we need first hotel upgrades  vs vsvs .. two together unable can't make :(
    For the marathon you don't do anything extra, it is not a quest, you just do your parties and fill the orders and you get the tropical marathon points :) 

• LiviavdgLiviavdg LiviavdgComments: 4
    Hello, I loved the bay and everything there.. But I didn't get why after this marathon started the difficulty of the itens the guests ask to throw a party has increased.. :neutral: Why don't leave things the way they were? It would be challengening enough.. 
  • The above indicates, "fulfilling an order for a tourist - 1 point". That isn't always true, though, is it? In the image below, the tourist was helped, the order fulfilled and no point was given. These are the same tourists that don't give a review. 
  • Thank you Supercity! You've been releasing so many great new things this year. I love the new search feature and how I can click next so I can find all of my buildings. I've been enjoying making my way through the Bay Area quests, too. And I'm looking forward to this marathon. Thanks for all your hard work!
  • Richard BalaskoRichard Balasko Richard BalaskoComments: 17 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thank you. These are things I have to do to upgrade my Half Moonraker Hotel anyway. It's nice to get some extra perks and check out the new buildings.
  • lets see how far i get,ty

• ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1332 Super Moderator
    What level for the Fine china?? i got the show,but dont see it in the workshop??
    Try upgrading workshop to level 6

• JeanJean Forum Dweller JeanComments: 40 ✭✭
    I really like this one and the rewards are lovely :)
    The above indicates, "fulfilling an order for a tourist - 1 point". That isn't always true, though, is it? In the image below, the tourist was helped, the order fulfilled and no point was given. These are the same tourists that don't give a review. 
    Are you using Google Chrome? Someone had this happen to them, they did an update on google chrome and then it worked again for them. So perhaps you can check yours as well. 

Liviavdg said:
    Hello, I loved the bay and everything there.. But I didn't get why after this marathon started the difficulty of the itens the guests ask to throw a party has increased.. :neutral: Why don't leave things the way they were? It would be challengening enough.. 
    They have not been modified at all, perhaps you have upgraded your buildings? 

• The above indicates, "fulfilling an order for a tourist - 1 point". That isn't always true, though, is it? In the image below, the tourist was helped, the order fulfilled and no point was given. These are the same tourists that don't give a review. 
    Thank you for responding. I don't use Chrome and my browser is using the most current version. I know this to happen to some of my neighbors who don't use Chrome, either. There are always tourists who get helped, hence the check mark, but no party hat and no feedback form is given to them. 5 tourists will be helped, but only 4 feedback per party, or 6 tourists and only 4 feedback. I am not getting the marathon points for these tourists, either. If I help 6 tourists for a party, I only get 4 marathon points. Thank you.
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭

Every stage has its own goals: the points gathered for one stage can be exclusively used on that stage only.

Does this mean that the 3 buildings will be different in each stage? So if you don't earn one of the 3 buildings in Stage 1, you lose the opportunity? 
  • Richard BalaskoRichard Balasko Richard BalaskoComments: 17 ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    This is a very nice marathon. But of course this makes it even more impossible to finish the 'Besmirched Name' quest since we won't be able to shut down the party production to make the 20 Snack Trays or the 30 Fruit Plates for the 15 Fruit Snacks for that without falling behind in the Marathon. One Snack Tray is needed to make each of the 4 Vegetable cocktails that are needed to make the face mask needed to produce parties for the Marathon. But we told you that the 'Besmirched Name' quest was impossible anyway.
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭
    When you fill the ship and send it out fully loaded, we get 2 points for the Marathon. However, we're sometimes getting ripped off on the other items that we should be getting. For instance, one time I sent out a fully loaded ship, I got 5 different items PLUS the 2 points ... another time, I sent out a fully loaded ship and only got FOUR different items plus the 2 points. Why is this happening? If I sent out a fully -loaded ship, I expect to get the 5 items PLUS the Marathon points each time. Please see screenshots for proof of this:

5 items PLUS the Marathon points - 

Only FOUR items and the Marathon points - 

edited May 2019
    When you fill the ship and send it out fully loaded, we get 2 points for the Marathon. However, we're sometimes getting ripped off on the other items that we should be getting. For instance, one time I sent out a fully loaded ship, I got 5 different items PLUS the 2 points ... another time, I sent out a fully loaded ship and only got FOUR different items plus the 2 points. Why is this happening? If I sent out a fully -loaded ship, I expect to get the 5 items PLUS the Marathon points each time. Please see screenshots for proof of this:

5 items PLUS the Marathon points - 

Only FOUR items and the Marathon points - 

As you can see in your last screenshot you got 60 fertilizer instead of only 30 so instead of being "5 items" it shows 4, however now it is more at once instead of 2 different items being a smaller number... 

All I can say is for the few things you get for doing tasks, this quest is really useless.  Was actually able to finish the Besmirched Name one and got the Easter Island Moai today.  But this one literally sucks.  You get basically nothing for doing things.  Ridiculous.  
    You do nothing more than what you would already be doing, throwing parties, fulfilling tourist orders and working on your Vietnam quest, the reward is you get the 3 new buildings shown. 

Does this mean that the 3 buildings will be different in each stage? So if you don't earn one of the 3 buildings in Stage 1, you lose the opportunity? 
    no, the buildings will stay the same you have until the end of the last stage to get all 3 buildings :) 

The above indicates, "fulfilling an order for a tourist - 1 point". That isn't always true, though, is it? In the image below, the tourist was helped, the order fulfilled and no point was given. These are the same tourists that don't give a review. 
    Thank you for responding. I don't use Chrome and my browser is using the most current version. I know this to happen to some of my neighbors who don't use Chrome, either. There are always tourists who get helped, hence the check mark, but no party hat and no feedback form is given to them. 5 tourists will be helped, but only 4 feedback per party, or 6 tourists and only 4 feedback. I am not getting the marathon points for these tourists, either. If I help 6 tourists for a party, I only get 4 marathon points. Thank you.
    No matter how many tourist orders you fill you only get 4 reviews that is correct. 

• Kristie Jae ShortenKristie Jae Shorten Forum Dweller Kristie Jae ShortenComments: 12
    I think the second post in this thread needs to be amended to "1 point from each tourist order fulfilled, up to a maximum of 4 points per party". Thank GOD we have all 4 stages to get the same 3 buildings - I would NEVER get them if we only had the first stage to get them in. THANK YOU SC this is a fun quest!!!
  • Doglover714Doglover714 Freshly on the board Doglover714Comments: 1
    What if we dont get to all the binders of blueprints before the stage is up? I've completed 6 of the 10 stages and with 5 days left I have the 7th stage, 58/130 Tropical Points earned started but dont think I'll get to finish them all before the 2nd stage starts.
  • RaymondRaymond RaymondComments: 6
    edited May 2019
    When you get to Tropical Marathon level 10, you'd only collect 62 binders (with 1145 Marathon points) in total and you exchange them for 62 blueprints randomly distributed among the 3 prize buildings. At this rate and with randomness, how long will it take to finish collection for all 3 buildings as we don't have a choice of which building to redeem the binders for?

50 blueprints for the Antique shop,
    100 blueprints for the Kayak Rental, and
    185 blueprints for the Diving School

Total blueprints required: 335

Has anyone finished level 10 already or has anyone finished with one building? Is this Tropical Marathon designed so that majority of the players will fail? Did the designers do their maths before releasing this event?

• Bonjour pour les points marathon si on ne valide pas les étapes est-ce que les points marathon pourrons servir au prochain marathon ?

• edited May 2019
    Tropical Marathon: Irgendwie funktioniert die Rechnung nicht? Sie können maximal 62 Baupläne pro Bauabschnitt erhalten, wenn Sie das in 4 Bauabschnitten schaffen, dann 248 Baupläne !!! Aber für die 3 Gebäude bräuchten Sie 335 Pläne, wenn Sie den Antik Laden 2 Mal kaufen, dann 385 !!! irgendwie passt das nicht, nicht mit der ganzen mühe zu tun !!! oder gibt es noch etwas, das du jetzt aufhören kannst?
    Raymond said:
    When you get to Tropical Marathon level 10, you'd only collect 62 binders (with 1145 Marathon points) in total and you exchange them for 62 blueprints randomly distributed among the 3 prize buildings. At this rate and with randomness, how long will it take to finish collection for all 3 buildings as we don't have a choice of which building to redeem the binders for?

Total blueprints required: 335

Has anyone finished level 10 already or has anyone finished with one building? Is this Tropical Marathon designed so that majority of the players will fail? Did the designers do their maths before releasing this event?

You have until June at the end of stage 4  to get all the blueprints needed :) 

Bonjour pour les points marathon si on ne valide pas les étapes est-ce que les points marathon pourrons servir au prochain marathon ?

No, they will not, the reset with each stage, but whatever blueprints you have gotten stay in your storage, you have until the end of stage 4 to collect enough blueprints to get the 3 buildings :) 

Tropical Marathon: Irgendwie funktioniert die Rechnung nicht? Sie können maximal 62 Baupläne pro Bauabschnitt erhalten, wenn Sie das in 4 Bauabschnitten schaffen, dann 248 Baupläne !!! Aber für die 3 Gebäude bräuchten Sie 335 Pläne, wenn Sie den Antik Laden 2 Mal kaufen, dann 385 !!! irgendwie passt das nicht, nicht mit der ganzen mühe zu tun !!! oder gibt es noch etwas, das du jetzt aufhören kannst?
    I am not sure what you mean? 

You have until the end of stage 4 to collect 

What if we dont get to all the binders of blueprints before the stage is up? I've completed 6 of the 10 stages and with 5 days left I have the 7th stage, 58/130 Tropical Points earned started but dont think I'll get to finish them all before the 2nd stage starts.
    You have until the end of stage 4 to collect 

I think the second post in this thread needs to be amended to "1 point from each tourist order fulfilled, up to a maximum of 4 points per party". Thank GOD we have all 4 stages to get the same 3 buildings - I would NEVER get them if we only had the first stage to get them in. THANK YOU SC this is a fun quest!!!
    What is written is correct, no need to change things :) 

Sometimes you have more than just 4 orders to fulfill 

Bonjour pour les points marathon si on ne valide pas les étapes est-ce que les points marathon pourrons servir au prochain marathon ?

as the post says, no, each stage it will go back to zero. 

• foxyfoxy foxyComments: 2
    edited May 2019
    SuperCity Jenn I find the statement at the end of this comment very confusing.  I have 20/50, 12/180, 5/185 for the stage one buildings.  I have worked more then a board of labour would allow someone to work on a job!  My interpretation is that these points do not go on to stage 2,3,4 the way it is written.  Even at that I'll never have the points at the end of June.  Please clarify for me.  Thanks >>Every stage has its own goals: the points gathered for one stage can be exclusively used on that stage only.
    foxy said:
    SuperCity Jenn I find the statement at the end of this comment very confusing.  I have 20/50, 12/180, 5/185 for the stage one buildings.  I have worked more then a board of labour would allow someone to work on a job!  My interpretation is that these points do not go on to stage 2,3,4 the way it is written.  Even at that I'll never have the points at the end of June.  Please clarify for me.  Thanks >>Every stage has its own goals: the points gathered for one stage can be exclusively used on that stage only.
    The marathon points, not blueprints. They are 2 different things :) 

• How do I expand my land around the Bay Area?
  • Nati ParraNati Parra Nati ParraComments: 4
    Lo que no veo lógico es con trabajo que cuesta conseguir puntos para que te den planos es que al terminar la etapa se pierdan. Deberían guardarse para siguiente etapa. Tener 120 y perderlos por que te faltan 10 es una pena y hace que se te quiten las ganas de jugar. Teneís que ponerle solución. Gracias.
  • Skubi TestaSkubi Testa Freshly on the board Skubi TestaComments: 6
    I am 3.5 hours from finishing step 12 of the Cherry Blossom quest (alternate prize) , I am looking forward to getting the 50 marathon tokens BUT...stage 2 of the marathon ends in 4 hrs so they will be taken off me because there won't be enough to reach a set of blueprints. This is a very frustrating aspect of the tropical marathon quest. Why must we lose the tokens we have worked so hard to gain? It doesn't make sense to me.
    How do I expand my land around the Bay Area?
    https://forums.playkot.com/en/discussion/140309/new-bay-water-expansions/p1 You can learn about the bay expansions in the Bay Expansions topic :) 

Lo que no veo lógico es con trabajo que cuesta conseguir puntos para que te den planos es que al terminar la etapa se pierdan. Deberían guardarse para siguiente etapa. Tener 120 y perderlos por que te faltan 10 es una pena y hace que se te quiten las ganas de jugar. Teneís que ponerle solución. Gracias.
    You don't lose the blueprints they are in your inventory. 

• kimmphskimmphs kimmphsComments: 1
    edited May 2019
    I am claiming my binder with blueprints before each stage is up and I have gotten enough for 1 antique shop, almost enough for 2 now. 37/100 for Kayak shop and only 13/185 for Diving school.  At this rate I will wind up with 2 antique shops and nothing else though I am getting to level 8 every stage.  Enough to place anyway.  Am I doing this wrong?  It doesn't seem possible to get one of each building even if you have enough blueprints.  Why am I getting another antique shop when those blueprints could be going to one of the other 2 buildings?  Just trying to make sure I understand what is going on because I'm confused.  Thanks.
  • Since third Tropical Marathon started I dont seem to be able to gain extra from the Science Museum Quest - as it disappeared after stage 2 and is no longer an option for me. It only seems that the Cherry Orchard Quest is now available to me as well as usual parties/ full boat  etc. Why is this? I play frequently and am normally up the leader board but am something like 43rd and way behind this time. Why cal I not see the Science Museum quest like last time.?
    Since third Tropical Marathon started I dont seem to be able to gain extra from the Science Museum Quest - as it disappeared after stage 2 and is no longer an option for me. It only seems that the Cherry Orchard Quest is now available to me as well as usual parties/ full boat  etc. Why is this? I play frequently and am normally up the leader board but am something like 43rd and way behind this time. Why cal I not see the Science Museum quest like last time.?
    That is correct the science museum quest is already over. 

kimmphs said:
    I am claiming my binder with blueprints before each stage is up and I have gotten enough for 1 antique shop, almost enough for 2 now. 37/100 for Kayak shop and only 13/185 for Diving school.  At this rate I will wind up with 2 antique shops and nothing else though I am getting to level 8 every stage.  Enough to place anyway.  Am I doing this wrong?  It doesn't seem possible to get one of each building even if you have enough blueprints.  Why am I getting another antique shop when those blueprints could be going to one of the other 2 buildings?  Just trying to make sure I understand what is going on because I'm confused.  Thanks.
    You can have more than one of the antique shop, as you notice they are only 50 blueprints but your inventory holds 100 of the blueprints. You get each blueprint randomly. 

• I've got the shop yeahhhh  :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!