Mayors, as you might already know, Adobe will stop supporting Flash Player in 2020. Therefore, it is necessary to convert to HTML5 in order to keep the game going. There is a huge amount of code in SuperCity and it requires a lot of testing, but it is something that we need to do!
The below recommendations are mostly for HTML5 because we are preparing for this big change, however, if you are still on Flash player and your game is not running so smooth, you can also check the below recommendations, for the most part, it’s the same for Flash. A good, updated computer should be able to load the game and run it normally on both versions. The indications about the data screenshots and logs are also standard for both Flash and HTML5.
How to check if you are on the Flash player version or on the HTML5 version:
Right-click on your game screen;
If you are on Flash Player, information about Flash player will appear. Example: http://prntscr.com/oiwa4o
If you are on HTML5 this will not appear.
If your game is on HTML5 and is not loading or you notice it is laggy or has errors, here are some recommendations for you:
1) First of all - the browser! Update your browser to the latest version on the developer's site. The best option now is the latest version of the Google Chrome browser. You can download it here -https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/
2) Video card - its interaction with the browser can influence how the game behaves. Here the latest drivers are important, which you can find on the site of your video card manufacturers. If you have a built-in video card, then you need drivers for the motherboard. Detailed instructions for determining your video card can be found on the Internet, for example, here - https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/how-can-i-find-out-which-graphics-card-i-have-my-pc
3) The quality of the graphics in the game - if you notice turbulences and frequent freezes of the game, you may not have a powerful computer that does not have enough RAM for HTML5 to function well in a browser. Try to switch the quality of graphics in the game to a lower one, this should help.
4) The operating system of your computer is also very important - you are more likely to have problems starting the game or running it good if you have Windows 7 or less (but this is not necessary).. Very old and unsupported Windows operating system (Windows XP, Vista) should be changed to newer ones. In unsupported operating systems, even the browser will not be able to update to the latest version.
5) For good performance of the game on HTML5, you need enough free RAM, the more it will be on your computer, the better. You also need to make sure that large “heavy” applications are closed during the game, as well as periodically restart your browser.
6) Browsers on mobile devices: like the Flash-version of SuperCity, the new HTML5 version of the game is not designed for playing in mobile browsers. The game can start (or not), but whether it will work correctly - we can’t predict and even less guarantee. According to the observations of players - the more powerful the “hardware” in your mobile device, the more chances to get a pleasant gaming experience. But remember that this is not an official, but only an alternative way to start the game.
IMPORTANT! If all of the above recommendations did not help you - notify our support staff. Do not forget to specify your game ID, the browsers that you tried to use and attach the diagnostic file from your computer.
How to find your game ID:
You will find it in the lower part of the game screen, it is a long number. Example:
When you contact support it is preferable to also attach the following information to the ticket:
Screenshot console and logs file
Please send us a screenshot from Google Chrome and make sure the tab is "Console". Click the CONSOLE TAB AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE (very important)
Here is how you do it:
1. Open the page with the game in your browser
2. Open the console: press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + letter " i "
3. Reload the page with the game
4. Wait until reloading stops, the content on the Console page will be updating.
5. When it stops reloading/updating take a screenshot of the full page with the game and the console content.
It should look like this: http://prntscr.com/oj0ht6 The combination Ctrl + Shift + i should be the same for all browsers.
Also, right-click on the data on the Console and then “Save As”. You can save the data in Notepad and attach it to the email sent to support.
2. A screenshot of the browser extensions you are using.
For Google Chrome:
In the upper right corner there is a 3-dot menu, click on it and then click settings: http://prntscr.com/oiyvfu
Open extensions: http://prntscr.com/oiyw09
For other browsers, you can check on the internet how to find them.
3. Dxdiag File
Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.
In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
Click on "Save all Information."
Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
Attach the file to the Support Ticket.
Here is an example of what the DirectX Diagnostic Tool will look like: https://prnt.sc/i7ldtu
Last, but not least, how to take a screenshot!
Without installing anything but a little bit tedious:
Or you can simply install a free program called Lightshot (we also use it frequently), and after you are done installing it simply press the PrtSC key on your keyboard and you are ready to go! https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!