Decoration blockage: A strategic mistake?

3 Comments·Started 29 August 2013 11:17 PM
GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum ExpertGunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
What is the advantage of a defensive wall over a decorative fence?

A defensive wall cost less but can be destroyed by attacker?
A decorative fence cost more but can never be destroyed (I'm not sure if it actually is, because I've never seen decorative object in my past raids, but this is if they are, correct me if I am wrong).

I have now surrounded my castle with decorative fence and leave only the front open, concentrating all my defense unit and structure in that vulnerable area?.

What's to stop me from surrounding my whole base with decorative fence thereby preventing any attack to my castle.

I think it has to be re-evaluated.
Right now, the possible solution is to make decorative object be non-blocking object.

Comments

• Gunnerwolf,

Sorry to disappoint you, but all your decorative objects 'disappear' when your castle is being attacked. In other words, attackers simply don't see the decorations you purchased, thus they can move through the areas you placed them in freely. They were designed this way specifically to make blocking the whole area of the castle (and thus making it unconquerable) impossible. I will make sure this moment is mentioned in our FAQ.
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Maybe there could be a notification or a memo when a player open up the decoration shop

"Decoration do not appear in your map during enemy assault".
  • Gunnerwolf,

Thanks for a useful tip, we'll see if it's possible to add this info as a hint. It will most definitely be covered in the FAQ, too.