Sir Crashton Class Changing

10 Comments·Started 08 September 2013 05:04 AM
GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum ExpertGunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
How about allowing Sir Crashton to change into any of the 3 infantry class (Swordsman <-> Archer <-> Spearman).

How to switch class: click on the hero pedestal and click on Sir Crashton and when the upgrade screen opens, a new interface will be visible on the bottom. Just click on what class you prefer.

Comments

• Gunnerwolf,

That's an interesting idea, thank you! Though I doubt that some players would like an idea to turn an immortal hero (he is resurrected even if lost in a battle every time) with special abilities to a regular unit. Also, if he turns into one of the infantrymen, will the upgrades for other infantry classes still apply during battles? Please elaborate.
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    He will still be an immortal hero.

The class change will only affect his function.

Right now, he is defaulted as a swordman hero.

Let me elaborate what will be the changes.

Base Swordman Hero Stats (default)
    HP: 220
    Attack Damage: 50
    Attack Range: 1
    Movement: 3
    Speed: 80
    Passive Ability: -50% damage from arrow

Base Spearman Hero Stats
    HP: 180
    Attack Range: 1
    Movement: 4
    Speed: 100
    Passive Ability: +50% damage to horsemen

Base Archer Hero Stats
    HP: 150
    Attack Range: 4
    Movement: 3
    Speed: 90

So if you choose to change Sir Crashton into an archer, he will have long range attack. And if you upgrade his abilities in the hero pedestal, you will have a powerful "Immortal" hero archer.

Since he is an immortal hero, his upgrade will still be based on the upgrade in the hero pedestal. For example, if he has +50 HP upgrade in the hero pedestal, his swordman form will have 270 HP, his spearman form will have 230 HP, and his archer form will have 200 HP.
  • Gunnerwolf,

Nice thinking! Thanks, we'll definitely give this some thoughts) What would you say about a similar class changing ability for the horsemen Hero? Or for the future Mage?)
    baskakova wrote: »
    Gunnerwolf,

Nice thinking! Thanks, we'll definitely give this some thoughts) What would you say about a similar class changing ability for the horsemen Hero? Or for the future Mage?)

Having a class change for the horseman and mage hero would also be nice. For the "Cavalry", I guess he can either be a mounted knight hero or a mounted bowman hero, but I don't see an alternative class for the mage class. Hopefully there could be an alternative magic user when the mage hero is implemented.

Cavalry Knight <-> Mounted Archer
    Mage <-> Priestess
  • FuturistFuturist Forum Expert FuturistComments: 68 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question. I've upgraded Crashton once each in spearman and swordsman, and twice in archers...yet I don't seem to be getting the bonuses described (either to his stats or to the units of the respective types) all the time.
    I know I have seen the bonuses applied to one troop type in one battle, but not in another...
    So, I find myself confused as to how it is supposed to work. Is Crashton a generalist? Applying whatever bonuses you've upgraded for all the troops corresponding to the upgrades all the time? Or, is he presumed to be of the type of the most troops in the battle? Or...oh...nm...
    Can you just explain it to me?
    The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
    Some of the hero upgrades applies to the regular units while some applies to Sir Crashtom himself.
  • Futurist,

There are 2 types of Hero upgrades that can be researched at the Altar of Heroes: the first are marked with a helmet and influence the Hero himself, which the others influence the selected class of troops and are applied during assaults only.
  • Damon WilsonDamon Wilson Forum Expert Damon WilsonComments: 32 ✭✭✭✭
    That might be whats wrong with my troops and why they do so poorly. I increased the arrow defense and no one gets it so I think it is a little wacky. I also would love to change his role because just a swordman all the time is boring. I like the archer and wish he could be one or have a archer hero added would be cool. You got sword. horse, and mage so why not archer and maybe ballista. Like a dwarven artillary guy or a grenade hero that could do both. Or a hero priest maybe.
  • Damon,

As I've previously mentioned, upgrades for different classes of troops researched at the Altar of heroes are applied to units only under the command of the Hero, which is during assaults only.
  • Damon WilsonDamon Wilson Forum Expert Damon WilsonComments: 32 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes i know bask but to alter crash completely giving him long range capabilities would be cool. Maybe offer other hero's like at a bar or inn you could recruit with crystals would be cool like mercs because all castles have a pub or some sort of watering hole for the troops.