Things are making me angry

6 Comments·Started 31 October 2013 10:43 AM
shaklotanshaklotan Forum DwellershaklotanComments: 1 ✭✭
First of all I would like to thank playkot for FINALLY publishing a TBT strategy on FB with no bugs, and not so boaring as KB Legions. I know, the game is still developing and there are even more things to appear new. However I'd like to point out several things which arent so shiny and nice:
1) Fights. Really? Except of mission paths, there's only robbery invasions and tournaments. That's it??? All you can???
2) Markets. You know...I played recently so much I have a half of million of coins which I DO NOT USE: all my smithies and foundry is making stuff using not so much gold as I earn from invasions. Then WHY do we have to build like 6 levels of market so in the end we(players) cannot trade stuff between us, but wait damn caravan WHO IS buying things from us? Really? Actually, I would buy myself lots of stuff for gold, but unfortunately it cannot be performed.
3) Premium units. After so many battles I've learned by heart the behavior of AI. The only really ugly and annoying thing is that foe units are going AT ANY PRICE to strike at least once any Premium guy in your army. Regardless is it a ranged or melee, does it have 5% hp or 100%. And it doesn't matter in front of the enemy unit is a guardian with 10 HP...he(the foe) will anyways go and strike the Premium one! I understand that it is important for Playkot to ensure some resources, but the way the things look here...is simply UGLY. We payed like 5.5 Euro but we need to revive it for crystals. Really? If I do not see an unit hidden behind a high tower I loose my archress = -5 crystals. I better pay these crystals for the arsenal upgrade without bothering making money and materials by invading others! In other words, we bought the Premium units...we have them, but the fun of using them is vanishing since we need to always pay to revive them at any mistake. Playing actively is unwelcome if you have premium units. Paradox.
Make a monthly subscription or so for x3 free instant revivals daily and enchanced xp/gold... I don't know... but the gems for reviving stuff is just annoying and totally unfair.

Comments

• Dorakin WarhammerDorakin Warhammer Freshly on the board Dorakin WarhammerComments: 2
    3) Premium units. After so many battles I've learned by heart the behavior of AI. The only really ugly and annoying thing is that foe units are going AT ANY PRICE to strike at least once any Premium guy in your army. Regardless is it a ranged or melee, does it have 5% hp or 100%. And it doesn't matter in front of the enemy unit is a guardian with 10 HP...he(the foe) will anyways go and strike the Premium one! I understand that it is important for Playkot to ensure some resources, but the way the things look here...is simply UGLY. We payed like 5.5 Euro but we need to revive it for crystals. Really? If I do not see an unit hidden behind a high tower I loose my archress = -5 crystals. I better pay these crystals for the arsenal upgrade without bothering making money and materials by invading others! In other words, we bought the Premium units...we have them, but the fun of using them is vanishing since we need to always pay to revive them at any mistake. Playing actively is unwelcome if you have premium units. Paradox.
    Make a monthly subscription or so for x3 free instant revivals daily and enchanced xp/gold... I don't know... but the gems for reviving stuff is just annoying and totally unfair.

My biggest beef with this game as well. You pay real money for elite units and if you use them and they die, there is a chance you can lose them for good?? I can understand the need to fund this game and elite units are a big part of it. I would at least not allow elite units to be lost. Let them be on an unlimited timer. 100+ hours may seem ok, but one week is terrible for a chance to lose your paid items to be lost. Again, simple fix is let the paid elite units have unlimited timer or no timer at all. Players who buy units with real money should be able to keep them. There is still risk to play them because you they can die and it takes hours to revive unit, unless you use crystals, so there is $ to be gained at all times.
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    Premium death. This is the reason why I don't even bother buying them. Why spend money on something that is too high-maintenance. Even if they are more powerful, the bothersome maintenance is not that enticing. Playkot should consider making their source of income more useful. Infinite revival time is a good solution if they do not want to make them immortal.
  • shaklotan, thank you so much for all the kind things you said! Now, to your angry ones :)

1) We're currently working on battles with monsters and global wars among knight orders, so please have some patience and hone your battle tactics in assaults and tourneys in the meantime.

2) A lot of gold is required for top unit upgrades and new buildings, so there are cases when there is a deficiency, in which case the Market is quite useful. Also, we're considering extending the trading options there in the future.

3) The AI is targeted on the units with higher stats = units who are most dangerous on the battlefield, so, yes, it makes the exclusive units the major targets. As well as highly upgraded basic units, as you will have a chance to see as you progress in the game.

As for the prices for reviving exclusive units: are they really too high, taking into consideration that you get free qrystals for the completion of most quests and campaign missions? Plus we also handle out 5 qrystals for free to all players every 6 days with the daily bonus, which pays at least for a single special unit revival per week. You may say that sometimes there are 3 and more exclusive units fallen that need revival, however, I'd reply to that that losing multiple units (no matter paid, or not) is a reason to review your battle tactics.
  • shaklotanshaklotan Forum Dweller shaklotanComments: 1 ✭✭
    baskakova wrote: »
    shaklotan, thank you so much for all the kind things you said! Now, to your angry ones :)
    As for the prices for reviving exclusive units: are they really too high, taking into consideration that you get free qrystals for the completion of most quests and campaign missions? Plus we also handle out 5 qrystals for free to all players every 6 days with the daily bonus, which pays at least for a single special unit revival per week. You may say that sometimes there are 3 and more exclusive units fallen that need revival, however, I'd reply to that that losing multiple units (no matter paid, or not) is a reason to review your battle tactics.

Really??? No...Really??? Is it you??? I am asking myself did you guys at least TRY playing campaign? Can't believe you are telling us about "battle tactics", when in the mission with necromancer (to be killed) in Freelong I lost all my archresses, BECAUSE there was no way to hide the archers from skeleton pikemen! Not enough units to make a human wall to protect the ranged. And the tasty AOE cast of necro at the end made the cheery on the top of cake. I don't even want to start speaking about next missions, where as I am used to take archresses and use as "hit-and-run" units, and suddenly an ambush appears out of nowhere and with NO chance of changing thesupposed BATTLE TACTICS, I am losing one of them with 100% HP. Just because I should know about that ambush! I had a really bad battle tactics. I really stopped passing campaigns now...until I'll feel Crashton is grown up enough, and will take only normal units: you NEVER know what is the campaign mission going to bring you new. Less painful losing middle class units. And NO, I didn't watch anything on youtube on purpose: I am simply curious to follow on my own the subject of the story, because it seem to be interesting to me.

Wow, I am still amazed you're telling us about battle tactics...
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    @shaklotan

I can understand your frustration, I too believe that premium units should not be lost. After all, you did pay for those units.
    But do not be too offended with the CM's comment because that is not meant to offend or insult you. It was probably just intended to help you.

Personally, I'd also advise you to rethink your strategies. I have not bought any premium units due to the hassle of losing them. Regular units are enough minus the stress of keeping them alive. Now my advise to you is to stop using your premium units on missions unless you have tried them with regular units first. I almost lost my stormcaller so I make it a point to never ever use him again. Premium units are only useful as defensive and tournament units, for missions and assault, they'd be too risky to lose for the investment (money) you have spent.

@Playkot, baskakova
    Please reassess your policy regarding premium units. Is it really necessary to make them too high risk and high maintenance?
    There are probably a lot of players who are like me who do not want to spend money on units that will disappear with a wrong move. I know we get 5 crystal a week, but those crystals are better off used in other matters aside from reviving premium units. Right now I keep a steady supply of free crystal, but I'm sure I would prefer that I use them on upgrades.

Please, make premium units be immortal just like heroes or atleast make them have infinite revival countdown timer (no permanent death) in case a lot of premium units died at once and we do not have enough crystal to revive them yet. You can also consider other revival means like dragoons or maybe even 100,000 coins.

I do understand that you want to make us buy crystal to revive those premium units, but please consider our request. Right now, I don't even want to consider buying them due to their crystal/7day revival status.
  • shaklotan?

I apologize if you were offended by my reply, I had no intention to do so. Please keep in mind that I have no notion about the state and numbers of your troops, as well as your tactics and the difficulties you come across in certain missions until you actually tell about them in details. I would recommend you to seek advice from other players for an alternative strategy in missions, such as the Siege of Freelong.

PS: FYI, as developers we most certainly do play campaign missions, multiple times, on different networks and profiles.