Lets talk about units!

11 Comments·Started 14 November 2013 12:21 AM
Tremayne BentonTremayne Benton Freshly on the boardTremayne BentonComments: 0
How do I get units.

I have 1 orc. but in the future how do I get more?

Also I missed the chance at Elf rangers.

How are Dwarfs made?

what makes each unit special?

Comments

• GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    There are many category of units.

So far these are what I have seen.

1 Regular units: These are trained in your unit training building

1.1 Barracks: 2 types of unit

1.1.1 Spearmen (Anti-Cavalry)
    1.1.1.1 Militiamen
    1.1.1.2 Guardsman
    1.1.1.3 Sentinel

1.1.2 Swordsman (Anti-Archer)
    1.1.2.1 Hireling
    1.1.2.2 Swordmaster
    1.1.2.3 Templar

1.2 Archery Range (Long range units)
    1.2.1 Ranger
    1.2.2 Shooter
    1.2.3 Marksman

1.3 Siegecraft Smithy (Anti-Building) cost 2 population each
    1.3.1 Ballista
    1.3.2 Heavy Ballista
    1.3.3 Siege Ballista

1.4 Horseyard (Mounted Units) Better units but cost 2 population each

1.4.1 Mounted Knight (Cavalry Charger)
    1.4.1.1 Squire
    1.4.1.2 Knight
    1.4.1.3 Champion

1.4.2 Mounted Archer
    1.4.2.1 Scout
    1.4.2.2 Mounted Bowman
    1.4.2.3 Mounted Archer

1.5 Mage Tower (COMING SOON)

2 Purchaseable Mission Unit: Can be purchased with real money in a limited time after you complete their missions.

2.1 Elven Archeress: Very fast long range unit that can usually move 2 times before their enemy make one move.
    2.2 Orcish Berserker: High vitality units that can attack everyone adjacent to them (hits multiple target).

Note: I didn't buy the elven archeress and orchish berserkers on their 3-day limited offer, and every now and then, it was re-offered to me for another 3 day limited time. Might as well make them a permanent shop item.

3 Event Units Given on special events.

2nd day Free Special Unit
    3.1 Stormcaller: Anti-Infantry unit

Halloween event
    3.2 Elven Swordman (not sure about the exact name): weaker but faster berserker type unit.
    3.3 Scarecrow (not sure about the exact name): can weaken their victim.

4 Elite Ware Units: can be purchased from shop using gold dragoons coins that are rewarded in the "Hall of Kings".

4.1 Spearleton (5 gold dragoons) Special spearman unit
    4.2 Damned Swordmaster (5 gold dragoons) Special swordsman unit
    4.3 Skele-Archer (5 gold dragoons) Special archer unit
    4.4 Dark Elf (20 gold dragoons) poisons enemy
    4.5 Ent (50 gold dragoons) very powerful, anti-building, anti-archer.... but cost 4 population points.

I still don't know how and when to get those dwarf bomber yet so I'm not sure if they are mission purchaseable units. Most likely they are.
  • BaltheriusBaltherius Freshly on the board BaltheriusComments: 2
    how do I unlock them to train though, I have only militia and hirelings available!
    Baltherius wrote: »
    how do I unlock them to train though, I have only militia and hirelings available!

Max the upgrades of your hirelings to unlock the research on training swordmasters.
    Baltherius wrote: »

Max the upgrades of your hirelings to unlock the research on training swordmasters.

Hirelings to Swordmasters
    Militia to Guardsmen
    Rangers to Shooters
  • Damon WilsonDamon Wilson Forum Expert Damon WilsonComments: 32 ✭✭✭✭
    THE DWARF BOMBERS ARE COOL THEY HAVE 450 HP DAMAGE 90 BUT CAN THROW A BOMB 3 SPACES THAT CAN DO SIXTY IN A RADIUS SO THEY KILL A LOT. THERE ARE OPPOSITE QUEST FOR RUIN MAGIC. THE SHOOTER IS YOUR FREIND WHEN YOU GET THE +1 RANGE THEY TEAR A TARGET UP USE BUILDINGS TO BLOCK ATTACK WHILE SHOOTING THE ENEMY PLUS CAN TAKE OUT TOWERS. I USED BALLISTAS TILL I GOT THE UPGRADE. aLSO GUARDSMAN ARE FRAGILE SO STICK WITH SWORDSMAN.i ATTACK WITH A MINMAL OF SIX SHOOTERS AND FOUR SWORDMANS AND TWO BOMB DWARFS WITH HERO AND TEAR THINGS UP.
  • Victor NormanVictor Norman Freshly on the board Victor NormanComments: 1
    I have upgraded to be able to create Guardsman and Shooters. But, I see that a Guardsman costs 12000 gold, whereas a Hireling costs only 750. Is a Guardsman really 16 times as powerful as a Hireling -- because it doesn't look like it? Does only the *first* Guardsman cost that much?

(Who would create Guardsmen at that price?!)

Vic
  • Saša KönigSaša König Freshly on the board Saša KönigComments: 1
    Hello, I'd like to know does using a hero in a camp fight raise any unit stats or do you only benfit from his special powers? thx
    THE DWARF BOMBERS ARE COOL THEY HAVE 450 HP DAMAGE 90 BUT CAN THROW A BOMB 3 SPACES THAT CAN DO SIXTY IN A RADIUS SO THEY KILL A LOT. THERE ARE OPPOSITE QUEST FOR RUIN MAGIC. THE SHOOTER IS YOUR FREIND WHEN YOU GET THE +1 RANGE THEY TEAR A TARGET UP USE BUILDINGS TO BLOCK ATTACK WHILE SHOOTING THE ENEMY PLUS CAN TAKE OUT TOWERS. I USED BALLISTAS TILL I GOT THE UPGRADE. aLSO GUARDSMAN ARE FRAGILE SO STICK WITH SWORDSMAN.i ATTACK WITH A MINMAL OF SIX SHOOTERS AND FOUR SWORDMANS AND TWO BOMB DWARFS WITH HERO AND TEAR THINGS UP.
  • Micaiah DasMicaiah Das Freshly on the board Micaiah DasComments: 1
    any help on how to obtain the mountkeeper
  • HakimHakim Forum Expert HakimComments: 68 ✭✭✭✭
    I never 'bought' one of the extra units and don't regret it:
    Any of those look frightening in the beginning, but once your own level of warriors increases, they all become cannon-fodder. Especially when we consider that later on we have the heroes, rune magic, mage tower and a number of powerful 'regular' warriors at hand.
    The trouble is, that those 'bargains' are offered so early in the game that a player has the impression that they make sense - at his then relatively low strength level.
    It is similar with the 'third-degree' regular warriors - expensive to get them, and once they are in the shrine, you need crystals to get them back.

The cash that I DON'T spend on crystals can be used in a better way: Beers! Flowers for Mum! Flowers for my girl friend! Petrol for my motorcycle!

:)
    Unlike the lowest ranks, Guards and Shooters also become better each time your Hero is upgraded (depending on the relevant symbol - there is a thread about this detail) I have 12 Guards on the battlefield, and 5 in the inventory (as spare).
    When you fight battles with your head, and not the left-click-finger you hardly need to replace them. Just organize your game. Since weeks I haven't lost one warrior
    How to eliminate the dwarf bomber: Spread a few warriors around it, but a little apart from each other, and out of attack range. Next, place one bait to lure the dwarf to approach - it will not kill your warrior but brings the dwarf into your own attack range. When it is your turn again, you mince him.
    Elven Archers go down the same way, but you can aford to attack in a closed formation and need less attackers.
    Orc berserkers: same
    Konung: same
    Mountkeeper: what do you expect from a drunkard - same
    Magicians: Fight magic with magic ;)
    Ent: Leave the tree alone; it is slow and normally cannot keep up with your speed, and so it becomes useless