Call to arms: assault

12 Comments·Started 18 November 2013 05:00 AM
Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum ExpertTorben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
Im have some trouble with the assault mode. Im a lvl 9 player right now and placed in the 5500 area in the hall of kings.

I find that i have a high chance of finding an opponent that is much stronger than me. Players with 2 lvl 3 vaults, stone towers and that order tower,
and often 8 pavilions. I can only guess at the lvl of those players, but they are at least lvl 16.

At the same time i find players in the hall of kings system right over me that is a lot similar in the buildings they have compaired to mine.

So i simple dont understand why we get to spend energy looking at bases we dont even have a chance of getting 1 star from.

Besides that the game is really good, so thanks for that

Comments

• Torben,

Your opponents are given randomly, but practically all of them have the units, power and chance to win compared to yours. So, basically, there is a good chance of a victory against almost any opponent offered - you don't meet complete newbies or super-buffed veterans, do you?
  • Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum Expert Torben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Baskakova

I dont meet players that have just begun to play and im not sure what you mean with super-buffed veterans. But to a lvl 9-10 player a player that have the order tower, at least 6 stone towers, about 25-30 units that is guardsmen, sword masters, shooters and the ballistika thats a super-buffed veteran for me. And those kind of players have also bought all the land available. Its the kind of player i would have no chance getting just 1 star against.

Ofc, i cant see if that kind of player have used real money on the game. But i just find it odd how random the targets is selected. Its not uncommon to use 2-4 energy to find one target that its possible to have success against, even though they may be 2-3 lvls above me. And i cant see where the target player is in the hall of kings.

My guess is that the way the selection works right now can drive players away because the targets are too difficult to defeat.

Right now you cant attack a random player of the 49 players that is right over you in the hall of kings. That option could give a chance of finding a target that could be on similar strenght.

Torben
  • BryGuyBryGuy Freshly on the board BryGuyComments: 2
    I completely agree with what Torben has said. I'm currently 10th level and I find that out of the 6 energy that I have available, on average I use more than half of it just to find an enemy that I might be able to obtain a 1 or 2 star rating for my attack. Even when I do manage to find a suitable opponent they're usually far stronger than me, but I'm able to skulk around their perimeter and destroy their fortress/buildings from a distance with archers.... AND only from poor design of their citys layout. I'd say 3/4 of the enemy cities are a good +3 levels stronger than I am. They almost always have stone towers, order towers, and other buildings/units that I'm no where near able to match or even to currently obtain.

Even the tourneys are lopsided the majority of the time. So many people have the snow queen and 2 heavily upgraded guardsman that have wiped out my 4 fighters sometimes in a single turn. 💩... yesterday I fought someone that had some huge creature that annihilated me.

2 Requests (I might start another thread for this as well):
    1. Allow us to see our opponents and give us a few to choose from.
    2. Allow us to see a reply of the enemies that attack our citys so we can gain insight to where our weaknesses lay.

FYI: I might add that I actually purchased (real money... not game currency) some crystals the other day.
  • BryGuyBryGuy Freshly on the board BryGuyComments: 2
    I'm going to use this post to show my progress in both Tourneys and Assaults. I'll update this post as I spend energy.
    • Tourney (Dec.30th 10:26) - Vs Snow Queen & 2 heavily upgraded guardsman. Result = LOSS Wiped out before my turn started.
    • Tourney (Dec.30th 11:12) - Vs 4 Shooters... lol. Result = WIN OK... that one was easy.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 1:18) - Vs Weaker opponent Result = WIN OK... that one was easy too.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 1:18) - Vs Even Strength opponent Result = WIN Advantage me vs the AI.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 6:51) - Vs Vs Stronger Result = LOSS Overpowered.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 6:54) - Vs Even Strength opponent Result = WIN Advantage me vs the AI.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 6:56) - Vs Stronger Result = LOSS Overpowered.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 7:01) - Vs Stronger Result = LOSS Overpowered.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st 7:04) - Vs Slightly Stronger Result = WIN Won by 1 hit due to playing AI.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st ) - Vs Snow Queen & 2 heavily upgraded guardsman. Result = LOSS Wiped out before my turn started.... again.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st ) - Vs Slightly Stronger Result = WIN Won by 2 hits due to playing AI.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st ) - Vs Ent Result = LOSS What's the point?
    • Tourney (Dec.31st ) - Vs 2 Dammed Sword Masters + 2 Upgraded Guardsmen Result = WIN Won by 2 hits due to playing AI.
    • Tourney (Dec.31st ) - Vs Slightly Stronger Result = LOSS Lost by 1 hit.

UPDATE (Dec.31st 7:08) Okay... so far it's STILL making a liar out of me but I'll keep adding to the list. Yesterday every other opponent had the Snow Queen.
    A few days ago i bought 2 units. I assumed it would give me greater power in he tourney. Before the purchase of the 2 bombers i never fought more than 4 fights because i had a very high chance of meeting someone i could not defeat.

After the purchase it all changed. The regular players with normal troops were gone, and now its very common to meet someone with 3 orcs, someone with the pumpkin and similar units.

I do get more gold coins for the wins, and maybe also more ranking points. But i rarely fight more than 4 fight...

The assault more gets progressively harder. The first is a walkover as the 3 last of the 6 is a challenge.
  • Roland MacLeodRoland MacLeod Forum Speaker Roland MacLeodComments: 28 ✭✭✭
    Yea that i already say. Unbalanced - i a loot times found more powerfull opponents that i try kill but not have any chance and lose hudge points.
    Then as your say there not all good compared.

BTW when i use in tourney my Treant i able reach to round 8-10.
    But when you lose in battle that treeant it cost 10 crystals for resurect. :/

I am also currious how some people crush my castle because i have around two lines of decoration and try only one side open.
    And also how it work when somebody make all arround decorations.
  • MartyMarty Forum Speaker MartyComments: 37 ✭✭✭
    The decorations really are just decorations. When an enemy assaults your castle, all of your decorations are gone. You can't use them to block up the path and force someone to only come in one way to your castle.
    That is bad idea when you can make walls arround your area.
    Roland, that dont help much since we dont have that much walls and the fact that archers and the ballistica can shoot over them... A wall in this game is not the same as the wall of a true castle from that tíme in history.
    Yea, i know, but in middle ages archers can do shoot over walls. And balistaes mostly uses as defence than against castle.
    But if decoration not work and you canot make example some maze way and make raids more funny, then walls litle helps.
    And mainly if your archers go to receive +1 range shoot then if you not have elves or too that same range archers you not have chance to win.
    And swordsmens not help you with that.
    Nope, its not easy being a mouse in hostile enviroment. I remember an old advise saying it was a good tactic to split up your forces. But i never use that. There is almost always more defenders than attackers, and i really like blitzkrieg and overwhelming force. While being outnumbered and outsworded aint fun.
    I like all stretegies by in that time my mood. I try play now as blitzkrieg without or very low loses, because i not enjoy this style and need sweets and want snow queen. But after that i might make more build and stop check daily my league rank.