Almost impossible odds when assaulting other castles

5 Comments·Started 05 December 2013 04:46 PM
I'm not sure how match-ups are decided, but I'm L11 and constantly being pitched against much more advanced kingdoms when I choose to 'Assault'. I'm fighting against buildings and armies that are at least 5-10 levels more advanced than me, which means I have no chance in 10/12 battles. I was really enjoying this game, but since I hit L10/11 the odds against me are sucking the enjoyment right out of the game.

Can one of the devs please enlighten me as to how these match-ups are calculated and if there's anything I can do, short of spending $1000 in one hit, to make things a little fairer?

Comments

• FuturistFuturist Forum Expert FuturistComments: 68 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG! I hit go to another castle, and it took the initiative point...and took me right back to the same level 20 guy I had decided NOT to attack! (When their units are than mine in every category, by several upgrade levels, I might win, but the losses would be prohibitive.
    The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
  • codar48codar48 Freshly on the board codar48Comments: 1
    ya it's getting a little boring. Six points and it's gotten to where I rarely get a castle I have a chance against. The last one I took a chance on, I won but it cost me 7 dead to take it and that wasn't worth the work to get them all back. I rarely get to stay on the game more than 10 or 15 minutes every few hours and that won't hold my attention very long.
  • Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum Expert Torben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a nagging suspicion that the random player almost always is someone over us i ranking. Its not very random. When i started there were ranked over 16000 players. They cant all have guardsmen and swordsmasters.

Also, the system work in such a way that when you finaly get stars from a superior castle, then you are rewarded with 3-7 points. Which eliminate the gamble of "lets hope he dont play anymore".
  • FuturistFuturist Forum Expert FuturistComments: 68 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the algorithm is, I can say pretty safely that it is not random. I never see any of the people near me in Honor. I always see increasing difficulty as I do each successive attack each day. Finally, I tend to see the same people (a very small group) for my last two attacks each day (when difficulty is at its maximum). Now, that last issue may be simply that they are trying to pick someone from the very top levels of honor or level, so the same people have been in that group.

At this point, I don't ever get offered someone without swordmasters, guardians, and shooters at a minimum, unless it is a revenge attack (you would think they would learn not to attack me...).
    The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
  • Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum Expert Torben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats true... When you have 1-2 bonus attacks left you get players that have horses, pumpkins, dark elves or even 3th generation units. Yesterday i had the opputunity to attack a player with 13 3th generation units. It might be a random player we get, but its always from a select group of players that is at least 50 spots over you and is much more powerful.

Had the selection been truely random, then i would have found players i could get 2 or 3 stars from 9 out of 10 times in the 6 bonus attacks.