researching soldier upgrades doesn't seem to have any effect

17 Comments·Started 16 December 2013 03:26 AM
stefanstefan Forum DwellerstefanComments: 5 ✭✭
fb767401833 ID

Im not sure if this is just the way it is, but I have maxed out my basic archers research levels, and It doesn't seem to change anything, their starting attack strength is 45, and even after all the upgrades its still only 45. If my maths is right, and every attack upgrade gives you 5 more attack points, they should then be doing 60 attack now?

Comments

• Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum Expert Torben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
    The ranger have 100 health and 45 damage when fully researched. So aint you adding the extra health to the damage?
  • stefanstefan Forum Dweller stefanComments: 5 ✭✭
    no, im adding the attack points, (the ones with the little sword icon). if the fully researched attack is 45, then what did it start at? i thought 45 was the default
  • stefan,

Can you send a screenshot of the completed upgrades for your archers? Are you talking about the Arsenal or the Altar of Heroes?
    I've tried posting a screen shot, but it keeps telling me the file is too big, even after I try editing it, and im talking about the arsenal
    I tried the add picture bug too. It seems the forum want picture in a very specific frame...

Stefan are you talking about the ranger or the shooter?
    The rangers. Im probably totally wrong, I just thought the rangers started at 45 attack points for some reason.
  • MartyMarty Forum Speaker MartyComments: 37 ✭✭✭
    I think they start at 30 and max out at 45.
    I just got the tier 4 upgrade for the shooter at the altar of heroes.

And i dont see 5 extra damage on the shooters. My shooters have researched the 10 health and the 3 tiers which should give 5 points each. And from the arsenal they should get 10 points from the 2 researched damage tiers.

My shooters show 60 damage, 150 health, 4 shooting range, 3 walking range and 90 initiative.

So if i understand the system right my shooters damage should have 25 extra damage.

Ps. i cant post pictures on the forum because the pictures dont match your requirements.
  • Torben,

Are you referring to your troops' stats in assaults or in toruney and while they're simply set in your castle? The upgrades at the Altar of Heroes that influence troops will only come in power when the Hero's in command: in assaults.
    Are you referring to your troops' stats in assaults or in toruney and while they're simply set in your castle? The upgrades at the Altar of Heroes that influence troops will only come in power when the Hero's in command: in assaults.

Could that info be added somehow to the altar of heroes. Maybe you could make a guide on the altar of heroes just like the one at the ranking system.
  • Torben,

There is a guide already) Please open the Altar of Heroes and click on the green question mark at the top left corner of the screen, it will give you a brief guide on the use of the Altar of Heroes:

JUBHBvt.png
    lol, i guess i always have clicked so fast on the 1st hero that i didnt see the ?

I have 1 question though, which the guide dont answer. Do any upgrade in the altar both effect the hero and the type of unit, or is it sometimes only 1 it benefit?
  • Boran MilicevicBoran Milicevic Freshly on the board Boran MilicevicComments: 2
    lol, i guess i always have clicked so fast on the 1st hero that i didnt see the ?

I have 1 question though, which the guide dont answer. Do any upgrade in the altar both effect the hero and the type of unit, or is it sometimes only 1 it benefit?

Yes upgrades for swordsmen effect the hero also.
  • Boran MilicevicBoran Milicevic Freshly on the board Boran MilicevicComments: 2
    My spermen at the moment has 240 health, 80 attack and 120 frequent turn. I researched so far upgrades for spearmen: +40 health, +10 damage and +10 frequent turn. If I understand you correctly, when they in assaults under command of a hero they get that upgrades. My spearmen in assault has only 270 health (instead 280) attack still 80 and frequent turn still 120 (instead 130). I would place screenshot but something is wrong with your uploader. My ID is fb1108506147
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Forum Dweller TiamatRoarComments: 15 ✭✭
    Far as I can tell, from the Altar of Heroes, some of the researches (in the Altar of Heros) affect only the hero (the ones with the helmet icon, in the Altar of Heroes) and some affect only the troops (the ones without the helmet icon in the altar of heros)
  • damiendamien Forum Dweller damienComments: 3 ✭✭
    hello im new to this game and have a couple of questions,1:at what level can i get better soldiers Swordsman Shooters,i have upgraded my Hireleng by 50% so far and my rangers the same my Militiamen by 75 do i have to get them all to 100 or is it my level in the game which is 9 at the moment. thanks i hope someone will be kind enough to let me no
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Forum Dweller TiamatRoarComments: 15 ✭✭
    You have to get the previous troop to one hundred percent first before the next one opens up. It doesn't take too long with the first tier of troops (the 2nd, on the other hand...)