Caretaker for a missing friend.

7 Comments·Started 27 December 2013 07:25 AM
GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum ExpertGunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
I currently have 3-4 friend who have not logged in-game for 1-2 weeks (maybe more, can't really tell).

Whenever I try to help his castle, there is no building that needed help.

I was thinking, what if instead of helping him by doing manual labor, I could help him by ordering his production buildings to cash in on his/her resources?

Example: All farm is at max, I can order his farmer to get the coin, put it in my friend's bank and his farmer can now restart his farming production.

I then get 5 assist point. My friend get his storage fully stocked if in case he decide to return playing.

Comments

• MartyMarty Forum Speaker MartyComments: 37 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a lot of friends, but I too have a friend like this. Interesting idea, but what happens when their vaults are full? Making anything simply takes so long that my tree and stone is almost always full. If I do empty some out, it is full again before the day is over. Usually within an hour or two.

I think we should be able to help them regardless of whether or not they are full in their vaults, the farmer is full or anything. As long as they are active!!!

It also helps protect people from milking those that don't play for an unfair advantage. To me, things like this (the speed ups you get from helping others) should only come from active players and the players that no longer play should get removed from your list after some point. *shrugs* That's my opinion when it comes to players that don't play anymore. It is one thing to have a big list of active friends that actively play the game compared to having a big lists of empty castles that never change because no one plays them anymore.
  • Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum Expert Torben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
    I cant be sure, but i believe that most of those players which we cant help have quit the game. If its a low lvl player its the only reason i can come up with. If its a highlvl player which is taking a break i would guesss that player would use the "castle-name" to send a message....
  • Gunnerwolf,

Thank you for quite an interesting idea! The only issue is the following: since you're taking the efforts to organize the production in your friend's castle, wouldn't it actually give him/her less reasons to come back, knowing that everything's been taken care for him already?
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    baskakova wrote: »
    Gunnerwolf,

Thank you for quite an interesting idea! The only issue is the following: since you're taking the efforts to organize the production in your friend's castle, wouldn't it actually give him/her less reasons to come back, knowing that everything's been taken care for him already?

Not really.
    The only building that we can take over are the resource production building (farm, lumber, mine and quarry). We won't have the executive decision on producing crafts, upgrades and research. Since our friend has a maximum limit on how much his/her vault can store (with the exception of coins, if he have a well built farm houses), the benefit will not be monumental. The only benefit that our friend will receive in this is that he/she will have a fully stocked raw material in his vault if he/she decides to return to playing. It would be like a one time full restocked of resources similar to what Playkot did when they changed the economic system.

Our friend would still have to do his part and improve/build his castle upgrades.
    Marty wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of friends, but I too have a friend like this. Interesting idea, but what happens when their vaults are full? Making anything simply takes so long that my tree and stone is almost always full. If I do empty some out, it is full again before the day is over. Usually within an hour or two.

I think we should be able to help them regardless of whether or not they are full in their vaults, the farmer is full or anything. As long as they are active!!!

It also helps protect people from milking those that don't play for an unfair advantage. To me, things like this (the speed ups you get from helping others) should only come from active players and the players that no longer play should get removed from your list after some point. *shrugs* That's my opinion when it comes to players that don't play anymore. It is one thing to have a big list of active friends that actively play the game compared to having a big lists of empty castles that never change because no one plays them anymore.

I have also thought about your points.

What happens when our friends vault is full?
    -We can continue to re-order our friends workers. It will be as if all exceeding resources will be brought to the kingas tax or tribute. If we are the king, or our friend is suppose to be the king, let's just say they were used up as worker's bonus/wages or in improving the roadways. The point is, we can continue helping our friend even if they don't log for a long time.

Milking Speed ups for helping inactive friends?
    -I confess, this is one of the primary reason why I suggested this idea. I have some inactive friends and I feel that they should be more useful in the speed up system. But the point is, with this system, there is also a possibility that we can entice players who have lost interest in playing to come back if they find out that they will come back with a full vault with the help from us. Those with more active friends will still have a bigger advantage than those with a lot of inactive friends because their friend will be helping them 5 times a day, while inactive friends will not help at all.
  • Torben NielsenTorben Nielsen Forum Expert Torben NielsenComments: 88 ✭✭✭✭
    I cant be sure, but i believe that most of those players which we cant help have quit the game. If its a low lvl player its the only reason i can come up with. If its a highlvl player which is taking a break i would guesss that player would use the "castle-name" to send a message....

Im just repeating myself.... How often do we return to a game which we once left. Unless the player tell his/her friends of the break, then most likely the player have left the game.

The good thing is that we easy can figure it out now....
    Im just repeating myself.... How often do we return to a game which we once left. Unless the player tell his/her friends of the break, then most likely the player have left the game.

The good thing is that we easy can figure it out now....
    Not often. But I see a lot of games having a program to encourage player to return. This suggestion is a good way to encourage players to return to playing since they will have a full vault if they return, courtesy of their friends.