Ice bath

12 Comments·Started 29 December 2013 08:10 PM
Damon WilsonDamon Wilson Forum ExpertDamon WilsonComments: 32 ✭✭✭✭
This game severely cheats. Bask likes to tell you u can win but I hit this with 2 bombard dwarfs an an orge took out five or six waves of undead and still kept coming so if I want the queen I have to spend money even scrolls did not help I used probably ten or eleven scrolls with 6 healing ruins and nothing they just coming and coming so I will buy my way past but the is the way the game is designed free my butt!!! Also I have had tournaments that a fully healed guardsman slaughtered a fully healed bombard in just two turns also had a pumkin guy kill a fully healed orge in one hit also saw a bombard dwarf get two attacks on my dark elf before he could attack. And I have other examples but you get the point.

Comments

• Narumi FujishimaNarumi Fujishima Forum Dweller Narumi FujishimaComments: 9 ✭✭
    I guess it will really be difficult for me to finish this quest, I tried it a while ago, and it really is difficult for me who is only lvl 14 to do this quest. It would help a lot if know what to expect (like how many waves of undead are coming etc,)
  • edheroclixedheroclix Forum Dweller edheroclixComments: 3 ✭✭
    i believe the battles should be balanced based on your level. I´m having trouble to get accross the mountain road (main storyline) because it´s an endless wave of knights and warriors that I just can´t overcome, no matter how many different strategies I make and different armies. I´m level 15 and i´m starting to get upset with this.
    Not talking about the enormous time to research an upgrade or make materials/equipment.
    Don´t want to spend too much money on the game, but we are almost forced to do that.
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    edheroclix wrote: »
    i believe the battles should be balanced based on your level. I´m having trouble to get accross the mountain road (main storyline) because it´s an endless wave of knights and warriors that I just can´t overcome, no matter how many different strategies I make and different armies. I´m level 15 and i´m starting to get upset with this.
    Not talking about the enormous time to research an upgrade or make materials/equipment.
    Don´t want to spend too much money on the game, but we are almost forced to do that.
    I believe you are referring to the mission where you will activate 3 pedestals. You can deploy 10 population points and have 6 deployment slot.

I beat that stage using 4 mounted squire, a hero and a swordsmaster.
    The presence of mounted enemies indicated that you will require mounted units in this mission plus the fact that you can use 10 unit points and only have 6 deployment slot, which means you will have to use mounted units which requires 2 unit points each.

Anyway, your situation is a bit off-topic in this thread. there are other threads that discussed this topic. You can try searching for it or make a new thread about it.
  • Sasho KojuharovSasho Kojuharov Forum Speaker Sasho KojuharovComments: 34 ✭✭✭
    So you thought getting that strong unit will be easy? You thought that with just using dwarf bombers,orcs and scrolls means that you will win? Paying for units doesn't mean you will win those battles.

Off topic if the missions were level adjusted the level advantage will be pointless. This is not starcraft or warcraft where you do all missions in 2 days. You have to wait and research.
    just finished the bath. Have to admit it was kinda hard. The 1st time I failed and now I did it with only 3 guardsman and a hero. Had to use 5-6 scrolls. Enemies were 8 damned swordmasters, 12 spearletons and 14 wolves. Lost only the hero and 1 guardsman.
  • Eric JohnsEric Johns Forum Dweller Eric JohnsComments: 8 ✭✭
    Just stay with it guys! You can beat the ice bath with just three guardsmen and a hero (plus a bunch of spells) just like Sasho said! Of course have your credit card ready at the end to buy the Ice Queen. Come on, you really didn't think they just gave you the Ice Queen after all your efforts and countless hours of wasted time did you?
    I won the bath after 3 tries. My 2 squire, knight hero and ent can withstand the enemy attacks but I lost twice due to vmisplacement of units allowing the enemy from above to destroy the tent. It could be due to loading problem, wherein I don't see the enemy at once and they only appeared when they were close to the tent already (it only takes 2 attack to destroy the tent).

I admit I had to use up 6-8 spells, and my runes were almost completely used up.
  • Steve RichSteve Rich Freshly on the board Steve RichComments: 2
    What comes after this quest? I'm running out of time and would probably have to use qrystals to get past this but I'm not sure it will be worth it if I will have to do the same for the remaining quests.
    Steve Rich wrote: »
    What comes after this quest? I'm running out of time and would probably have to use qrystals to get past this but I'm not sure it will be worth it if I will have to do the same for the remaining quests.
    A lot more to be done after that. crafting golden earrings, 6 assaults with 120 candies... etc. etc... at this point in time, you cannot get snow queen without spending a lot of crystals... It will be worth it. I've seen how powerful the snow queen is compared to anything else... The game rankings will be greatly influenced whether you have her or not.

So if you plan on getting her later, it is worth it to get her now by using crystal. As for me, I won't be getting her this year. Hopefully, she will be back next year. ^_^
    ranking won't be influenced by her unless she counts as a research. With her ppl will be able to get higher but the game will just make them lose more points when they lose a battle.
    ranking won't be influenced by her unless she counts as a research. With her ppl will be able to get higher but the game will just make them lose more points when they lose a battle.

Maybe not directly, but have you tried beating a tourney against an ice queen user? Even in assaults, it is virtually impossible to overcome a castle with an ice queen defenders. I did it once but it was a brutal fight. I'd rather fight castles without her defending.
  • Steve RichSteve Rich Freshly on the board Steve RichComments: 2
    Gunnerwolf wrote: »
    A lot more to be done after that. crafting golden earrings, 6 assaults with 120 candies... etc. etc... at this point in time, you cannot get snow queen without spending a lot of crystals... It will be worth it. I've seen how powerful the snow queen is compared to anything else... The game rankings will be greatly influenced whether you have her or not.

So if you plan on getting her later, it is worth it to get her now by using crystal. As for me, I won't be getting her this year. Hopefully, she will be back next year. ^_^

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll save my qrystals for another time. It would be helpful to get confirmation that scrolls will work after the event for those of us who dont have the rune tower. That way I know if I'm spending all my sweets on scrolls or saving them in the hopes for a return of the event in the future. I've fought a few tourneys against a snow queen and it's a fast loss for me, so I would have liked one.