How to pass Gremlins level

6 Comments·Started 30 December 2013 04:34 PM
Jake AtkinsJake Atkins Forum DwellerJake AtkinsComments: 2 ✭✭
ANy tips for how to pass the special holiday Gremlins level? That 2000HP dude wipes me out every time. First I kill the gremlins by what I assume is Merlin's place, then I run down the road to the left (looking at the screen), then towards the "entrance" where -10 skeletons and that 2000HP dude are. I'm only lvl 13 abut have made as many upgrades as I can to my hero and other units. Any tips? What's the deal with only being able to place 4 units? The gremlins battle only seems to have a place for 4 units even though the prompt says 0/6 (or 0/10).

Thanks!

Comments

• antcorfantcorf Forum Dweller antcorfComments: 7 ✭✭
    There is a thread here with some tips. I'm lvl 10 and I completeed this quest with teh two heroes, three hirelings and an archer. At first I made a standoff near the two towers, so that they kill a lot of gremlins as they come close. With the undead I used a couple of scrolls and lured them to the towers again (at that point I only had my two heroes),alos made use of Sir Craston relatively high initiative and used his extra turns. It is important to have both heroes alive when the 2000HP guy comes. As one of the mods pointed out in the other thread ("Walk in Freelong"), he's very slow. From what I read there, peole used various strategies, but what I did was to keep out of his reach and attack when Sir Crashton or (to a lesser extent Roland) had extra turns (attack from behind if you are to be cornered so that you avoid being trapped). It si important to always check his reach and the turns (when your units have an extra turn before he makes his move). Of course, if your units are upgraded you should be able to do the same with any unit. The last part needs patience and you have to be careful not to get cornered. I guess you have units with high reach but in case you need and you have the scroll which increases your movement range,use it before you face the guy.
  • Jake AtkinsJake Atkins Forum Dweller Jake AtkinsComments: 2 ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips and the heads up about the thread, I'll look for it.

Good Gaming,

Jake
  • Roland MacLeodRoland MacLeod Forum Speaker Roland MacLeodComments: 28 ✭✭✭
    Jake betterr when you first try read forum. There already speak about solution.
    I example finish this quest by sacrifice my hero and final boss was killed by two towers near start point.
  • MartyMarty Forum Speaker MartyComments: 37 ✭✭✭
    Meh...it's not like there is a ton of activity out here Roland ;)
  • Jake AtkinsJake Atkins Forum Dweller Jake AtkinsComments: 2 ✭✭
    Jake betterr when you first try read forum. There already speak about solution.

That was helpful Roland. There were four results (including this thread) for gremlins but nothing really structured. For whatever reason the towers were not shooting arrows when I played, I'll try again.
  • MartyMarty Forum Speaker MartyComments: 37 ✭✭✭
    There are many towers out there, but only 2 of them back near the beginning actually shoot. It will take a little while for you to wait for the last guy to walk all the way up to the towers that actually shoot.