So you build picket fences...

7 Comments·Started 31 December 2013 04:59 PM
So I build fences around the entire cube, all spaces you can get. I stagger all my buildings 6 spaces inside, so in theory only a 7 space shooter could reach anything. How do I get attacked and lose anything, it's impossible to even hit my castle, impossible to hit half my buildings and impossible to hit any of my men.

Not saying I found a glitch just looking for an explanation before I cry wolf.

Comments

• MartyMarty Forum Speaker MartyComments: 37 ✭✭✭
    Decorations disappear when you are under assault. The assaulting player does not see them so if you are trying to use them as defense, they are simply walking all over your undefended areas.
  • cbop1251cbop1251 Banned cbop1251Comments: 1
    Well now that's not true. Or maybe expand on what decorations. Just started a battle and retreated jut to make sure. I know for a fact the heavier duty fences in the pasture to the west stay and saw some others on the map stayed on the player owned battlefield aswell. So how do they determine which ones they player can keep active and do those fences remain active if a player moves them... I don't know about the guys running this pay to play game, I know they won't get my money.
  • GunnerwolfGunnerwolf Forum Expert GunnerwolfComments: 92 ✭✭✭✭
    Those fences that did not disappeared are fences that are outside the player's owned territory. They are not placed by the players therefor, they do not form a continuous line of barrier. Attackers can easily penetrate them. If you plan on placing a continuous fence barrier around your castle, they will disappear during assault.
  • Sasho KojuharovSasho Kojuharov Forum Speaker Sasho KojuharovComments: 34 ✭✭✭
    cbop1251,

only bad players see this game as pay to win
  • Roland MacLeodRoland MacLeod Forum Speaker Roland MacLeodComments: 28 ✭✭✭
    No only players that are far than only players and know how whole game concept work. And how it can work when time run and there come new players.
    Start play today as new player im think it can totaly forgot if he can able move to gold league.
    Or he must be mad and win every day more than 8 battles against players castles.

But if buy fences and trees and they disapear when battle start then i think is not fair. I agre only in fact if player must example one place stay free to able reach that way to castle.
    If not that work then there need change to able make build more walls to able fine defence work example two rounds of walls.
  • Kent A. HalliburtonKent A. Halliburton Forum Speaker Kent A. HalliburtonComments: 23 ✭✭✭
    I had much the same problem for a long time. I built my town in such a way that, in theory, would have allowed attackers only one entry point into my town. I found out pretty quick that that does not work. When I joined my order, they schooled me on the futility of decorations being used for defense.

One of the things that I have noticed is that many players have open defenses. They are using barriers that are not visible in battle and they are keeping their men and their most important building out in the open. They need to tighten their defenses. Here are some tips:

1. At all costs, protect your Citadel. The enemy cannot achieve total victory if they cannot destroy your Citadel.

2. Surround your Citadel with your most important buildings. Your vaults, your mines, your timber buildings, your quarries, your foundries, and your smithies.

3. Surround these buildings with your men. Make sure to place them at even distances from one another, and make sure to mix them up. You want infantry and archers to surround the buildings completely, and you want them to produce a crossfire.

4. Surround your men with your walls. You can use the watchtowers as part of your walls. The gates can also extend the area of your walls.

5. Keep your Order Tower inside your walls. This will add to the crossfire.

6. Place all other buildings on the outside in such a way that it is difficult to get to the walls. The enemy will have to take several turns to get through. This will give your men more time to end their charade.

These are just some pointers that I have picked up while playing. Take a look at my town to see what it looks like.

Kent Allen Halliburton
  • FuturistFuturist Forum Expert FuturistComments: 68 ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with several points Kent.
    Towers simply don't do enough damage, and since they don't move, they can be avoided until they can be taken out with minimal damage.
    Second, each tower reduces the number of units you may deploy, and since a full three star victory requires that you kill half of deployed units, each tower deployed actually makes this easier!
    Walls, while providing some barrier, also make for convenient choke points. I see your wall, kill off your archers with my archers, move in and poke a hole in the wall, and suddenly, no matter how many units you have, you can only send one at a time at me!
    Finally, deploying your units spread out just makes it easier for the attacker to get just a few to attack at a time. It doesn't matter how many units you have nearby, if only two are coming at me at a time.
    I deploy all of my units in a big block, with wide open spaces near my citadel, so that the attacker cannot take out the citadel without getting the agro of a bunch of troops at once. Also, so that they will not have any buildings to cower behind when my whole army descends upon them at once.

You simply cannot stop someone from getting one or two stars. The key must be to make them pay and pay dearly to get three stars.
    The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.