Watchtowers

5 Comments·Started 01 February 2014 11:04 PM
Hello.

If the watchtowers each have an archer in them, why do they then not benefit from archer upgrades?

Comments

• Kent,

Watchtowers don't benefit from archer upgrades, because they are buldings, not units. None of the buildings in the game benefits from unit upgrades.
  • FuturistFuturist Forum Expert FuturistComments: 68 ✭✭✭✭
    And...they are almost completely useless...Even stone towers are but a minor inconvenience.
    The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Forum Dweller TiamatRoarComments: 15 ✭✭
    Big fat waste of valor scrolls to upgrade it when a high upgraded shooter or a marksman does the same thing but better without costing valor scrolls to create.
  • TooPensiveTooPensive Forum Speaker TooPensiveComments: 30 ✭✭✭
    Yes, they're utterly useless. I'm lvl 15 and I've had 4 since the beginning. Now I'm changing my strategy and I will remove these useless buildings. My shooters deal 80 damage and have more frequent turns, and stone walls protect them perfectly. Tower might only then make sense, if Reinforced Towers lvl 2 or so... When I attack other Knights, I simply ignore towers and go for units and destroy towers on the way, if needed... I only leave towers untouched if there are 4 or 5 of them next to each other! And I mean... Those producing costs are not from this world...
    This is my 2 cents about Towers. Sorry if I offended anyone... Cheers! :)
  • Arion YeowArion Yeow Forum Dweller Arion YeowComments: 12 ✭✭
    I agree, watchtowers are currently useless.