City Upgrades (6/26/18)

78 Comments·Started 26 June 2018 09:34 AM
Let's start a city modernization!
https://apps.facebook.com/super_city_game

Upgrades are available: build the Department of Architecture in your city and upgrade your buildings!
You can find all the details below ;)

Comments

• Anastasiia_NesterovaAnastasiia_Nesterova Administrator Anastasiia_NesterovaComments: 76 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Build the Department of Architecture and upgrade the buildings in your city!

Upgraded buildings’ benefits:

• they have increased income;

• they drop items for new high-level quests;

• they also keep dropping same items that regular buildings drop;

• they look a bit different ;)

• you can place them next to each other!

Department of Architecture construction

Department of Architecture is available in the Shop from level 39.

There are no time limits for construction :)

Department of Architecture doesn’t make profits, but extends population limit by 200. Requires 5x5 squares, can be placed in the City Center only.

City modernization I

Collect 5 Planks (Cargo Port)

Collect 2 Tape measures (drop 2-4 at a time – Lighthouse)

Collect 6 Stepladders (Convenience Store)

City modernization II

Collect 3 Bottles of “Crystal” water (Gym)

Collect 4 Sandwiches (Pub)

Collect 13 Ring cakes (Bakery)

City modernization III

Collect 6 Cachepots (Recreational cottage)

Collect 10 Cans of paint (Hotel, Ranch, Family House, Comfortable House, Townhouse)

Collect 7 Trowels (Subway Station)

How to upgrade buildings?

After you construct the Department of Architecture there will be Projects available (e.g. Bakery upgrade, Flower Kiosk upgrade etc.) Click on the Department of Architecture to see all the Projects.

The number of upgraded buildings in a Project is limited.

For example, you can upgrade 10 Bakeries and 12 Flower Kiosks:

The list of available Projects is expanded with your level up.

Check the list below to know the required level for the first building upgrade (second, third etc building upgrade require a higher level: for example, you can upgrade the first Flower Kiosk at level 41, but the second is available to upgrade at level 47):

• First Upgraded Bakery: level 39;

• First Upgraded Flower Kiosk: level 41;

• First Upgraded Summer House: level 43;

• First Upgraded Shoe shop: level 50;

• First Upgraded Subway station: level 51;

• First Upgraded Coffee House: level 52;

• First Upgraded Colonial House: level 60;

• First Upgraded Pub: level 61;

• First Upgraded Hostel: level 62;

• First Upgraded Wok cafe: level 68;

• First Upgraded Convenience Store: level 69;

• First Upgraded German House: level 70;

• First Upgraded Stationery shop: level 71;

• First Upgraded Petrol Station: level 72;

• First Upgraded Bistro: level 73;

• First Upgraded Ranch: level 80;

• First Upgraded Recreational cottage: level 83;

• First Upgraded Fashion Boutique: level 90;

• First Upgraded Pool Parlour: level 98.

Required items for the same building upgrades are different: for example, it means you need different items for the first Flower Kiosk upgrade and the second Flower Kiosk upgrade:

First Flower Kiosk upgrade requirements:

Second Flower Kiosk upgrade requirements:

IMPORTANT:

1. production time of upgraded buildings stays the same;

2. upgraded buildings require more goods (but they make more profits at the same time);

3. some upgraded buildings may be a bit bigger (if they don't fit, after the upgrade you'll need to move it)

• Atilla ArslanAtilla Arslan Freshly on the board Atilla ArslanComments: 177 ✭✭✭
  • If I visited a friend would I be able to click on a building that was currently having an upgrade in order to speed up the upgrade process?  :)
  • ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1332 Super Moderator
    If I visited a friend would I be able to click on a building that was currently having an upgrade in order to speed up the upgrade process?  :)
    @Emma Staples you have to build them to upgrade them by doing tasks so no you can't speed up someone else's upgrade process as they have to do tasks to upgrade them. 

• Connie Spring KeelConnie Spring Keel Freshly on the board Connie Spring KeelComments: 2
     <3 Thank you Playkot!  
  • Tracy WigginsTracy Wiggins Freshly on the board Tracy WigginsComments: 11

question I have just done a bakery and have a summer house and flower shop on upgrade but the bakery upgrade is now locked, so when will that reopen ps I'm level 153

• anne13banne13b Freshly on the board anne13bComments: 2
  • ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1332 Super Moderator

question I have just done a bakery and have a summer house and flower shop on upgrade but the bakery upgrade is now locked, so when will that reopen ps I'm level 153

@TracyWiggins, do you see a timer on it or do you have to collect more things to upgrade another one? 

Glad to hear that everyone is loving the newest update ;) 

• edited June 2018
    Hallo SuperCity, wie bekommt man den modernen Geisir für das Schneeplateau  zum Erweitern der Stadtgrenze??

• Brian BensonBrian Benson Freshly on the board Brian BensonComments: 4
    Thank you really enjoying this !!!!!
  • Will we only be able to upgrade a certain number of each building or can they all be upgraded? For example: I have 50 summer houses, can they all be upgraded?
    For those who believe no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't, none will suffice.
    Will we only be able to upgrade a certain number of each building or can they all be upgraded? For example: I have 50 summer houses, can they all be upgraded?
    @AlexChambers please have a look at the quest description above it tells you all about the upgrades :) 

• Tracy WigginsTracy Wiggins Freshly on the board Tracy WigginsComments: 11
    do we have a quest list for the Geyser park ? please ty
  • Sandra BrownSandra Brown Sandra BrownComments: 2
    edited June 2018
    Can we move upgraded buildings to other lands or storage without losing the upgrade?
    Can we move upgraded buildings to other lands or storage without losing the upgrade?
    yes, once they are upgraded they stay upgraded. You can't move a building while it is being upgraded however, you have to finish the upgrade first just as all buildings that are being built :) 

Hallo SuperCity, wie bekommt man den modernen Geisir für das Schneeplateau  zum Erweitern der Stadtgrenze??

Please have a look at the quest description located here: https://forums.playkot.com/en/discussion/131996/geyser-park-stage-1-wild-geyser-park-high-level-constant-quest#latest

• Supercity, no acabo de entenderlo. Si tengo por ejemplo 40 bakery, sólo puedo acutalizar 10??? Porqué no puedo actualizar todos los edificios que tengo, que he tardado mucho tiempo en adquirirlos? I don't understand why I can't upgrade all my buildings, for example if I have 35 bakery why I can't upgrade all of them?
  • George HareGeorge Hare Freshly on the board George HareComments: 8
    After I upgrade a building will I have to re-buy the old building to keep the same amount on my city
  • robin2018robin2018 robin2018Comments: 2
    Since we can only upgrade a certain amount of buildings, will we have to sell the remainder? For example I have 30 bakeries but can only upgrade 10,,,,when a quest calls for 20 will the older bakeries give me the new  bakeries items? Or I have to wait the 4 hrs for the bakery to be ready.   Alot of people dont have alot of neighbors but have enough buildings to do the quests....Thank you
  • Elona Peters SiemsenElona Peters Siemsen Freshly on the board Elona Peters SiemsenComments: 21 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    WOW! Thank you, SuperCity team! It's obvious you have worked very hard on the Geyser Park and the upgrade options. And so splendid: We can put the buildings next to each other!! Thank you, thank you! Such fun! BTW, you do such beautiful art & animation always! You continue to have the most beautiful city game around. I restrain myself and won't repeat suggestions for Devs that I've mentioned elsewhere. Just had to say Thank You! We share complaints (helpful criticisms? ;) ) at times, and we want to share Kudos, too, because you are deserving of them! Thank you, Admins, too! You are very patient with us! God bless all. <3 P.S. I sometimes complain about having to get Super Bucks, but even my dear Hubby says, "It's okay to spend real money on a game sometimes. The game team needs to eat, pay bills, and take care of their families, too!" Keep up the good work! <3<3

• Lú NeriLú Neri Lú NeriComments: 1
    Adoro jogar Supercity e adorei as novas atualizaçoes mas. gostaria que liberassem mais expansões no centro da cidade e em outros planaltos. Nao consigo cumprir certas missões por nao ter espaço para novas construçoes e as que disponho nao sao suficientes para cumprir metas no prazo.   
  • Can we move upgraded buildings to other lands or storage without losing the upgrade?
    yes, once they are upgraded they stay upgraded. You can't move a building while it is being upgraded however, you have to finish the upgrade first just as all buildings that are being built :) 
    Thanks Jenn, that's good to know :)

• Sei KzmrnSei Kzmrn Sei KzmrnComments: 3 ✭✭
    Thank you !! <3 Looks so fun 
    Supercity player  <3
  • djbeakerdjbeaker Freshly on the board djbeakerComments: 1
    is there a place where theres a list of things needed for stage 5 + of the upgraded bakery or the upgraded flower shop? id like to at least have the buildings ready
    Hi guys and girls can I ask as I am Autistic I am having a hard time with this Department of Architecture building as I don't like change as people with Autism don't like change I have done the Department of Architecture building do I need to perform upgrades on listed Buildings : 

P.s how come before building upgrades listed above you can sell the buildings if you want to why after upgrade Can't you sell them WHY !! 
    Those are the buildings that you are allowed to upgrade and the level you must be at to do them. 

djbeaker said:
    is there a place where theres a list of things needed for stage 5 + of the upgraded bakery or the upgraded flower shop? id like to at least have the buildings ready
    no there is not. 

robin2018 said:
    Since we can only upgrade a certain amount of buildings, will we have to sell the remainder? For example I have 30 bakeries but can only upgrade 10,,,,when a quest calls for 20 will the older bakeries give me the new  bakeries items? Or I have to wait the 4 hrs for the bakery to be ready.   Alot of people dont have alot of neighbors but have enough buildings to do the quests....Thank you
    It will work like this:
    If a quest says collect from upgraded bakeries then you can only collect from those for the item.
    If a quest says collect from bakeries then you can only collect from the regular bakeries.
    If a quest says collect from bakeries, upgraded bakeries then you can collect from both of them :) 

• robin2018robin2018 robin2018Comments: 2
    robin2018 said:
    It will work like this:
    If a quest says collect from upgraded bakeries then you can only collect from those for the item.
    If a quest says collect from bakeries then you can only collect from the regular bakeries.
    If a quest says collect from bakeries, upgraded bakeries then you can collect from both of them :) 
    ok thank you
  • Tammy KumberaTammy Kumbera Freshly on the board Tammy KumberaComments: 1
    I just clicked on a flower kiosk to upgrade it and it disappeared....anybody else??
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭

Check the list below to know the required level for the first building upgrade (second, third etc building upgrade require a higher level: for example, you can upgrade the first Flower Kiosk at level 41, but the second is available to upgrade at level 47):

Will there be a list that shows the level you'll need to be at for each subsequent upgrade for each building? 
  • REALLY am enjoying seeing the new upgraded familiar-for-years buildings in their new skins. Thank you very much.

As an aside for players personal choice and taste, it would be awesome to have colour wheels above the buildings in build mode so we can choose exciting and DIFFERENT colours for our favourite buildings? Please pass on to dev. thank you
    Verba volant, scripta manent
  • I notice some people saying their upgraded builds are disappearing. Well, mine haven't, I made the summer house, bakery and flower kiosk so far and these two anomalies appeared just off my main map: 

Verba volant, scripta manent
    • Will the upgraded building give out normal items. As an example will the upgraded bakery give out the upgraded items and the normal bakery items or just the upgraded items.
      I just clicked on a flower kiosk to upgrade it and it disappeared....anybody else??
      Please contact support so they can look at your game for you @Tammy Kumbera

I notice some people saying their upgraded builds are disappearing. Well, mine haven't, I made the summer house, bakery and flower kiosk so far and these two anomalies appeared just off my main map: 

@Richard Papaconstantinou have you refreshed the game, cleared your history and cache and cookies then refreshed the game to see if that fixes the issue for you? 

• GREGOGREGO GREGOComments: 1
        i've a big problem with buildings upgrades. flower kiosk enlarge the building, for me thats mean i will need to rebuilt my city... or give up

Will there be a list that shows the level you'll need to be at for each subsequent upgrade for each building? 
        @BlackRoseHeart no there will not be a list of all upgrades, once you have done the first upgrades you will then see what level you must be at to do the next upgrade for that building. :) 

GREGO said:
        i've a big problem with buildings upgrades. flower kiosk enlarge the building, for me thats mean i will need to rebuilt my city... or give up
        @Grego yes some are a bit larger but not much, but however you can now place the upgraded buildings side by side so that will save space :) 

• I see some negativity going around but I have to say, I LOVE it. So far anyway.  <3
      • Will SC be adding to the quantity of specific buildings we can upgrade? Also, I thought I saw that the buildings could be upgraded to higher levels? Are they just upgraded the one time and that's it? I hope so. 
        Thank you. 
        Will the upgraded building give out normal items. As an example will the upgraded bakery give out the upgraded items and the normal bakery items or just the upgraded items.
        @RandyStroede please have a look on the quest description as the answer is there for players 😁

Will SC be adding to the quantity of specific buildings we can upgrade? Also, I thought I saw that the buildings could be upgraded to higher levels? Are they just upgraded the one time and that's it? I hope so. 
        Thank you. 
        @DeborahEbeyer at this time this is all the upgrades. The upgraded buildings will be used in higher level quests.

• Paper bag is not tallying up after collecting from upgraded bakery. 
      • Paper bag is now tallying up after collecting from upgraded bakery.  Thank you.

• Build the Department of Architecture and upgrade the buildings in your city!

Department of Architecture doesn’t make profits, but extends population limit by 200. Requires 5x5 squares, can be placed in the City Center only.

City modernization I

City modernization II

City modernization III

Collect 10 Cans of paint (Hotel, Ranch, Family House, Comfortable House, Townhouse)

After you construct the Department of Architecture there will be Projects available (e.g. Bakery upgrade, Flower Kiosk upgrade etc.) Click on the Department of Architecture to see all the Projects.

Required items for the same building upgrades are different: for example, it means you need different items for the first Flower Kiosk upgrade and the second Flower Kiosk upgrade:

IMPORTANT:

2. upgraded buildings require more goods (but they make more profits at the same time);

3. some upgraded buildings may be a bit bigger (if they don't fit, after the upgrade you'll need to move it)

I don't have the city modernization option. Why?

Build the Department of Architecture and upgrade the buildings in your city!

City modernization I

City modernization II

City modernization III

IMPORTANT:

Have you went to the shop and bought the architecture building? are you at least level 39? are you playing the computer game? 

• SuperCity upgraded coffee house is not being added to the quest.  Twice I have finished the coffee house and it has not been added to the quest.  Help me please.
        SuperCity upgraded coffee house is not being added to the quest.  Twice I have finished the coffee house and it has not been added to the quest.  Help me please.
        @bessieanderson you will need to please contact our support team in the help center at the top of your game 

Is there a way to shrink the Caravan that takes you to the Sands?  I have been remodeling my city and it was shrunk down and now I've moved some stuff and it is back to regular size.  I would like that area of land back and it shrunk back down.
        you can't change the size, no it was already made smaller and now you can move it however. 

Just a suggestion, to me it would be nice to be able to use SB (at least have that option, instead of automatically using our inventories) - because the time consumed by making all these Engineers, Decorators, Builders, Mechanics, etc.....is just taking forever and we are needing so much of each of them at one time.  
        You can use superbucks to speed up or skip any part in any quest actually, under the items needed you can see there is a superbuck option. look at the picture below as an example: 

So I have to assume that upgrades  can only happen in the main city cause now I have to move my Recreational Cottages to the main city cause they're all in the Sands to do the upgrade then make room cause they're bigger and move them back to Sands when done.  Kind of a pain when the cities are all jam packed.
        I have been upgrading all of mine in the sands and not moving them at all to other lands. 

• kost het opgrading superbucks ?
        kost het opgrading superbucks ?
        some of them do cost superbucks, it will tell you when they will be needed. 

• The Upgrades are fine, but I just finished my Water Spirit and can't add the Air Spirit to my to-do list because of the Building Upgrades. It was fine when the Upgrades counted as an eleventh item, but since I finished the Water Spirit, the Building Upgrades now count as my tenth item, meaning I now only have nine items on my to-do list instead of ten. It will take me a very long time to finish the Building Upgrades, and I don't want it counting towards the ten items on my to-do list.
        The Upgrades are fine, but I just finished my Water Spirit and can't add the Air Spirit to my to-do list because of the Building Upgrades. It was fine when the Upgrades counted as an eleventh item, but since I finished the Water Spirit, the Building Upgrades now count as my tenth item, meaning I now only have nine items on my to-do list instead of ten. It will take me a very long time to finish the Building Upgrades, and I don't want it counting towards the ten items on my to-do list.
        @Elisabeth Sellers you had to click on the quest and add it to your to do list so now it will stay there until you finish it. Next time i would suggest that if you dont want a quest on your to do list, don't add it to the to do list until you are ready to do it. So just keep working on the other quests that you have for now and get those done, then when you want to work on the upgrades it will already be there for you. 

• Why are you just randomly taking my Super Bucks to fulfill upgrades? I PAID for my Super Bucks ... it's not right that you just help yourself to them without even asking me if I agree. Since this is a purchase I made, they are not YOURS to just take. You should stop the practice of just taking super bucks without permission, especially if someone has paid for them. It's like stealing. If this is the way the upgrade is going to work, I'm not interested in playing anymore. I save my super bucks up to buy buildings and to help me speed up my quests if I'm running out of time. Within 3 days you just helped yourself to $17 ... in whose universe is this fair or even ethical? Please stop this!
        Why are you just randomly taking my Super Bucks to fulfill upgrades? I PAID for my Super Bucks ... it's not right that you just help yourself to them without even asking me if I agree. Since this is a purchase I made, they are not YOURS to just take. You should stop the practice of just taking super bucks without permission, especially if someone has paid for them. It's like stealing. If this is the way the upgrade is going to work, I'm not interested in playing anymore. I save my super bucks up to buy buildings and to help me speed up my quests if I'm running out of time. Within 3 days you just helped yourself to $17 ... in whose universe is this fair or even ethical? Please stop this!
        The game doesn't randomly take anything from you, it is your choice if you want to do the last of the upgrades that cost superbucks. They are not taken from your account until you click to build it. If you are having other issues please contact support in the help center at the top of your game and they can look at your account for you :) 

• Hub MartinetHub Martinet Hub MartinetComments: 14
        edited August 2018
        Hello JENN
        I do not understand the modernization of the buildings improved .... that it will be the consequence on the game

thank you
      • Kim1959Kim1959 Kim1959Comments: 1
        I have finished all my upgraded buildings, now what happens with the Department of Architecture building?
        Kim1959 said:
        I have finished all my upgraded buildings, now what happens with the Department of Architecture building?
        @Kim1959, for now, that is all that there is to do with the building. you can leave it in your city or put it into storage until it will be used again. 

Hello JENN
        I do not understand the modernization of the buildings improved .... that it will be the consequence on the game

thank you
        @HubMartient the upgraded buildings are used in quests from now on 

• I am enjoying the updates, however I can only update so many then have to wait until I level up and it takes a very long time to level up. Also I really am disappointed that after you update so many you have to pay a LOT of super bucks to update the rest. Guess I will not upgrade past where you don't have to spend super bucks. So positive and negatives, however I do love the updated buisnesses.
        I am enjoying the updates, however I can only update so many then have to wait until I level up and it takes a very long time to level up. Also I really am disappointed that after you update so many you have to pay a LOT of super bucks to update the rest. Guess I will not upgrade past where you don't have to spend super bucks. So positive and negatives, however I do love the updated buisnesses.

Indeed, the last upgrades require superbucks. However, it is not mandatory to upgrade all buildings. It is your own decision if you want to do that, if you have the superbucks to spare or not. There is no special prize at the end if you upgrade all. Even if the task is greyed out, the superbucks are deducted only when you click to upgrade the building, so if you do not want to continue, simply move the architectural bureau in the storage.

• Bettina MarfetánBettina Marfetán Freshly on the board Bettina MarfetánComments: 4
        Is not good that you not allow to update all, and we will havd to use Superbucks to continue. That is example to Germany House, 8 superbucks, and others. I hav only 3 petrols station and for my level, I can not update any more if I have not 35 superbucks. Is too much. Then  I can not update any more.
        bettina said:
        Is not good that you not allow to update all, and we will havd to use Superbucks to continue. That is example to Germany House, 8 superbucks, and others. I hav only 3 petrols station and for my level, I can not update any more if I have not 35 superbucks. Is too much. Then  I can not update any more.

Indeed, the last upgrades require superbucks. However, it is not mandatory to upgrade all buildings. It is your own decision if you want to do that, if you have the superbucks to spare or not. There is no special prize at the end if you upgrade all. Even if the task is greyed out, the superbucks are deducted only when you click to upgrade the building, so if you do not want to continue, simply move the architectural bureau in the storage.

• Hi.  Can you tell me if other buildings are going to be added to the Dept of Architecture for upgrading?
        Hi.  Can you tell me if other buildings are going to be added to the Dept of Architecture for upgrading?
        @Maureen Cournoyea not at this time. 

• Build the Department of Architecture and upgrade the buildings in your city!

City modernization I

City modernization II

City modernization III

IMPORTANT:

• I don’t have the Bureau of architecture in my shop... why not? I’m at level 61 
        Tibette50 said:
        I don’t have the Bureau of architecture in my shop... why not? I’m at level 61 
        @Tibette50 are you playing the computer game? Some items we have in the computer game are not in the mobile game. They are in fact 2 different games :)

This forum is for the computer game only. If you are playing the mobile game you will need to go to the mobile forum for all your mobile game needs :) https://forums.playkot.com/en/categories/supercity-mobile