NEW ADVENTURES IN THE SANDS!

33 Comments·Started 08 July 2019 04:43 PM
Diana CraciunDiana Craciun Diana CraciunComments: 176 Community Manager
🌵We're glad to announce the start of our new adventures in Sands! Starting today, you have in the Sands new land expansions that you can buy for coins or superbucks and some very exotic and cool new buildings!🏜️

EW 

Comments

• Diana CraciunDiana Craciun Diana CraciunComments: 176 Community Manager
    edited July 9

Requirements:

In order to unlock the new quests and objects, you have to fulfill the Oasis super event and be level 20 at least. 

Click on the Trader’s Tent and a chain quest will pop up, that you will have to add to your to-do list if you want (and are prepared!) to proceed with the Sands adventures.

Note: as soon as you receive the Mysterious Tent chain quest, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks.

Mysterious Tent I (24h)

Collect 40 Feather dusters (Shoe Shop, Upgraded Shoe Shop)

Collect 10 Fire extinguishers (Water Tower, Upgraded Water Tower)

Collect 15 Shovels (from friends’ cities - buildings with a clock or coin)

Mysterious Tent II (24h)

Collect 40 Towels (Recreational Cottage, Upgraded Recreational Cottage)

Collect 20 Petrol cans (Petrol Station, Upgraded Petrol station)

Collect 10 Thermoses (Shopping Center)

Mysterious Tent III (24h)

Collect 10 Orchids (Upgraded Flower Kiosk)

Collect 5 Memory drinks (Drugstore)

Collect 25 Daisies (from friends’ cities - buildings with a clock or coin)

Mysterious Tent IV (24h)

Collect 38 Barrows of soil (Farm, Upgraded Farm - when collecting Squash)

Collect 5 Builders (College)

Ask friends for 12 Sunglasses

Mysterious Tent V (24h)

Produce 14 lots of Silk (Textile factory, Upgraded Textile factory)

Collect 10 Decorative Fans (Ice cream parlour)

Collect 12 Antique Vases (Jewelry shop)

Mysterious Tent VI (24h)

Collect 20 Wooden beams (Cargo Port)

Collect 3 Strong Ropes (Kindergarten)

Collect 10 Tire jacks (Auto repair shop)

Mysterious Tent VII (24h)

Collect 30 Binoculars (Hostel, Upgraded Hostel)

Collect 15 Ink. You can get 3 items each time (School, Valley School)

Ask friends for 14 Paintbrushes 

Mysterious Tent VIII (36h)

Collect 26 Paint rollers (Petrol station, Upgraded Petrol station)

Collect 2 Respirators (Hospital)

Collect 10 Face paints (Cosmetics boutique)

Mysterious Tent IX (24h)

Collect 4 Office chairs (Sky Tree)

Collect 4 Dressing tables (Furniture factory)

Collect 9 Oars (Shopping Center)

Mysterious Tent X (24h)

Collect 16 Cushions (Wooden House)

Collect 10 Dragon Fruits (Fruit market)

Collect 12 Toy koalas (Summer mansion)

At the end of the chain quest you will receive the first Work tool:

These can be used to clear objects on the new land expansions. 

Also more of them can be produced in the cargo port.

Also, the Trader’s tent will become available and you will be able to fulfill orders there. For every 4 regular orders you fulfill, you will be able to get a bonus order for a Traveler’s map!

Note: Please be careful the Traveler's maps can also be used to remove obstacles on the map!

After you fulfill the first chain quest, you will also be able to start on a second one for the Eastern station:

A modern take on adventure I (24h)

Collect 7 Horticulturalist books. You can get from 1 to 3 items each time (Bookshop)

Collect 20 Watering cans (Ranch, Upgraded Ranch)

Collect 10 Flip-flops (Beach shop)

A modern take on adventure II (24h)

Collect 44 Freeze gel tubes (Convenience store, Upgraded convenience store)

Collect 23 Potions (Pub, Upgraded Pub)

Collect 6 Eucalyptus leaves (Sushi bar)

A modern take on adventure III (24h)

Collect 42 Pencils (Stationery Shop, Upgraded Stationery Shop)

Collect 9 Protractors (Auto repair shop)

Collect 11 Scribe compasses (Country cottage, Wooden House)

A modern take on adventure IV (24h)

Collect 4 Concrete slabs (Cargo Port)

Collect 10 Red paintbrushes (Luxury Apartment)

Ask friends for 11 Winches

A modern take on adventure V (24h)

Collect 40 Night visions (Subway station, Upgraded Subway station, Central Station)

Collect 8 Sensors (Water Tower, Upgraded Water Tower)

Collect 11 Magnifying glasses (Dental surgery)

A modern take on adventure VI (24h)

Collect 19 Bottles of “Chrystal” water (Gym)

Train 5 Builders (College)

Collect 17 Thermometers (Shopping Center)

A modern take on adventure VII (24h)

Collect 11 Magic lanterns (Cinema)

Collect 5 Books (School, Valley School)

Ask friends for 17 Microscopes 

A modern take on adventure VIII (24h)

Collect 9 Dragon Fruits (Fruit market)

Collect 8 Baguettes (Upgraded Bakery)

Collect 14 Cups of Hot Chocolate (Samantha’s Cafe)

A modern take on adventure IX (24h)

Collect 12 Scissors (Upgraded Flower Kiosk)

Collect 6 Fire extinguishers (Water Tower, Upgraded Water Tower)

Collect 18 Hand mirrors (Cosmetics boutique)

A modern take on adventure X (24h)

Collect 11 Rolls of foil (Christmas kiosk)

Produce 9 lots of Felt (Upgraded Textile Factory)

Ask friends for 14 Disco balls 

A modern take on adventure XI (24h)

Collect 9 Masks (Curiosity shack)

Collect 9 Magic 8 Balls (Pool parlour, Upgraded Pool parlour)

Collect 12 Incense (Sushi bar) 

A modern take on adventure XII (24h)

Collect 12 Guitar amplifiers. You can get from 1 to 2 items each time (Tom and Bob’s house, American house)

Collect 10 Jackets (Tailor’s workshop)

Collect 15 Figs (Bay)

• Atilla ArslanAtilla Arslan Freshly on the board Atilla ArslanComments: 161 ✭✭✭
  • bmbishopbmbishop bmbishopComments: 2
    I think the video was a great idea.  I find that seeing things done visually helps me understand what is to be done much better than just reading about it.  Thank you.  Betty Bishop
  • deebrowndeebrown deebrownComments: 1
    You TOTALLY ROCK! The Sands is one of my favorite areas. I am thrilled about the new adventures and continued surprises that await. THANKS!
  • rebaeeyorerebaeeyore Freshly on the board rebaeeyoreComments: 5
    I love the idea of a video. It made the adventure much clearer than just reading about it. Please do more videos in the future.
  • Toni MonroeToni Monroe Toni MonroeComments: 2
    LOVE that video! Sometimes the directions for quests are a little vague and confusing. I didn't understand about the tools and maps until you showed them in the video. Thank you for taking time to make and post it. It is very appreciated.
  • George HareGeorge Hare Freshly on the board George HareComments: 8
    I have added nothing to the to do list and the mysterious tent has already popped up.
  • i'm not starting the quest yet still busy with work but THANKS for the video tutorial - very informative indeed. giving us heads up before starting the new Sands Adventure is a plus factor.. THANK YOU Diana for the effort. 👌👍✌💜💜💜 
  • AloneAlone AloneComments: 12
    Thank you for the video tutorial . <3
  • NaraNara NaraComments: 1
    Thank you Diana, the video is a fantastic idea  :) It makes the instructions so much clearer. Please could you continue and make more of these videos as quests come out  <3 
  • JeanJean Forum Dweller JeanComments: 39 ✭✭
    Thank you ...this is great and so different ...love it <3
  • Che'riChe'ri Freshly on the board Che'riComments: 1
    Thanks so much for the video...it was a great help and I hope you will do more of them with upcoming quests.
  • Loved the video.  Thank you
  • if i read this correctly, i was supposed to get 25 superbucks and the promotion for the super lighthouse. did i miss something somewhere? i added it to my to do list. 
  • orla25orla25 orla25Comments: 3
    Can someone explain what this sentence means: "Note: as soon as you add the Mysterious Tent chain quest to your to-do list, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks."
  • Now this is more like it!  These are the types of quests that made me fall in love with this game.  Not to sound like a broken record but the new quests are awful and I haven't even been partaking in them because of how much time they take.  Please bring back the chain quests more often.  On another note, the video was very helpful and I would love to see more when future quests are released.
  • Tanya LeeTanya Lee Tanya LeeComments: 3
    The video was very helpful!  It is definitely a good idea to have these for future quests :)
  • NikiValineNikiValine NikiValineComments: 57 ✭✭
    edited July 9
    What are the 3 bolt nuts for? I see we get them when collecting from the Eastern Station.the sc
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭
    There is a bit of a problem. You state that to start this quest, you must be at level 20 or greater. However, in Mysterious Tent III you must collect 10 Orchids from the Upgraded Flower Kiosk. You can't even GET an Upgraded Flower Kiosk until you reach level 41. (you can't even get the Department of Architecture until you reach level 39)

To complicate matters even further, the Bay can not be opened until you reach level 23, and in A modern take on adventure XII you must collect Figs. 

Since the Mysterious Tent quest is timed, and starts immediately upon opening the game (assuming you've opened the Sands, reached Level 20, and have completed the Oasis), how will people be able to complete the quest if they are under level 41? 
  • BlackRoseHeartBlackRoseHeart Freshly on the board BlackRoseHeartComments: 34 ✭✭

Note: as soon as you add the Mysterious Tent chain quest to your to-do list, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks.

I have NOT added anything to my to-do list, and yet the timer for the the Egyptian Lighthouse is already started for me. So basically we're being forced to start the new quests in Sands, or we forfeit the Egyptian Lighthouse and 25 SB. How is that fair?

• John WatsonJohn Watson John WatsonComments: 2
    I have a question don't know if it can be answered here I have a lot going on in my city do I need to do this new goal in the sands 
    There is a bit of a problem. You state that to start this quest, you must be at level 20 or greater. However, in Mysterious Tent III you must collect 10 Orchids from the Upgraded Flower Kiosk. You can't even GET an Upgraded Flower Kiosk until you reach level 41. (you can't even get the Department of Architecture until you reach level 39)

To complicate matters even further, the Bay can not be opened until you reach level 23, and in A modern take on adventure XII you must collect Figs. 

Since the Mysterious Tent quest is timed, and starts immediately upon opening the game (assuming you've opened the Sands, reached Level 20, and have completed the Oasis), how will people be able to complete the quest if they are under level 41? 
    In the document i used it was indeed written level 20 + I looked one more time now and yes according to the document it is correct what I said. But you make a very good point and I sent your comment to my colleagues!

Note: as soon as you add the Mysterious Tent chain quest to your to-do list, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks.

I have NOT added anything to my to-do list, and yet the timer for the the Egyptian Lighthouse is already started for me. So basically we're being forced to start the new quests in Sands, or we forfeit the Egyptian Lighthouse and 25 SB. How is that fair?

Indeed, i forgot to correct this in the document, it pops up as soon as you get the chain quest. Modified now. If you watch the video you will see I phrased it differently there because I noticed the change too. Please excuse my mistake.
    orla25 said:
    Can someone explain what this sentence means: "Note: as soon as you add the Mysterious Tent chain quest to your to-do list, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks."
    Actually i have to admit i forgot to update the description it should be: "Note: as soon as you receive the Mysterious Tent chain quest, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks."

• I completed and collected 2 x Work Tool from  Cargo Port but they don't seem to have registered? ... Is this a known problem? ... Many thanks
    I completed and collected 2 x Work Tool from  Cargo Port but they don't seem to have registered? ... Is this a known problem? ... Many thanks
    Perhaps you used them to remove some obstacles on the new land expansions? Please watch the video, you will see some obstacles require work tools for removal.
  • JeanJean Forum Dweller JeanComments: 39 ✭✭
    I must say I am enjoying this quest and I really like the Trader's tent...something different...love it...thank you Playkot :)

In the document i used it was indeed written level 20 + I looked one more time now and yes according to the document it is correct what I said. But you make a very good point and I sent your comment to my colleagues!
    Please let us know if there is a change to anything because of this discrepancy. I don't know how they will resolve this, but it will take a major change, either to THIS quest, or to the level(s) on the Department of Architecture and subsequent upgrades. 
  • orla25orla25 orla25Comments: 3
    orla25 said:
    Actually i have to admit i forgot to update the description it should be: "Note: as soon as you receive the Mysterious Tent chain quest, you will also receive the promotion for the Egyptian lighthouse (a cover for the lighthouse in the City center) and 25 superbucks."

Thank you but I'm still confused.  It still says you will receive 25 superbucks after you receive the mysterious tent chain quest.  I received the quest and but not the 25 superbucks.
  • ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1297 Super Moderator
    if i read this correctly, i was supposed to get 25 superbucks and the promotion for the super lighthouse. did i miss something somewhere? i added it to my to do list. 
    once you complete the quest the reward is the 25 superbucks and the lighthouse cover

• ForumSupportForumSupport Forum Dweller ForumSupportComments: 1297 Super Moderator
    orla25 said:
    orla25 said:

Thank you but I'm still confused.  It still says you will receive 25 superbucks after you receive the mysterious tent chain quest.  I received the quest and but not the 25 superbucks.
    Yes, you will recieve the pormotion for the lighthouse cover and if you complete it then you get the 25 sb just as all other bonus quests are made 

What are the 3 bolt nuts for? I see we get them when collecting from the Eastern Station.the sc
    The screw nut are used in many quests before you could only get them from subway, upgraded subway and central station, now you can also get them from here when you need them :) 

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!